Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,771 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any legit marketing companies in San Antonio? I'm looking for an entry-level position in marketing/promotions, but with so many scams out there its hard to tell which ones are legit.

There was one that was even posted on my school's website but I read another post on this site that says it was a scam. The company was called San Antonio Marketing Inc.

I've found job posting of the following websites as well. If anyone knows anything about these or other companies please let me know.

Impact Inc-http://impactincorp.com/?page_id=9

Core, Inc. Core

sphere management group www.spheremg.com/

Nxt Gen Marketing http://www.nxtgenmktg.com/

Galleria Marketing Galleria Marketing (http://www.galleriamarketing.com/index.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 08:29 PM

2 posts, read 8,828 times
Nxt Gen marketing in san antonio is a mlm scam.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 PM

229 posts, read 672,626 times
Sphere is door-to-door satellite tv selling.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:12 AM

1 posts, read 6,401 times
Default Useful

Interesting information shared with useful and helpful ideas and detailed topic.

Old 08-18-2010, 04:58 PM

354 posts, read 712,332 times
jade, san antonio marketing is door to door coupon book selling. one of my friens worked for them and got out as soon as she could. they were called jdr international. they once got stopped by the police for soliciting and were threatened with cops in business places they were trying to sell. the job is commission only. such a scam. you are better off working your way up from an internship at a company that is legit.

Old 08-18-2010, 08:25 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,465 times
Those people selling you satellite tv in Sam's and Best Buy and stuff are Sphere...seems like a crappy, crappy job.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:26 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,101,083 times
ha, i remember going for an interview at san antonio marketing. it was such a joke. the building and office was run down. front desk lady had messed up hair, and was very disorganized. there were 2 others interviewing with me as well. i remember them saying after the interview, ''if we like you, you'll be receiving a phone call an hour after you leave.'' i didn't know they were a scam until after i left the interview and googled them because there was no way this company was legit after my interview experience. sure enough i got a phone call an hour later, but i let it go to voicemail, and i never heard from them again luckily.

i'm sorry to break it to you, but there aren't many opportunities in san antonio. my old roommate does some sort of marketing in sa, but it's very limited in that city. i searched diligently 3 months after graduating this past dec. i have comm degree in PR and also minor in business from utsa. i found a fantastic job traveling the country for a mobile marketing company. if that's your thing, shoot me a pm, and i can give you more info. otherwise, i suggest moving to dallas or houston, which i'll be doing after my stint in what i do now.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:38 AM

791 posts, read 3,960,605 times
If you are looking for legitimate opportunities in marketing and/or promotions, why don't you try calling and ACTUAL marketing agency? There are many legitimate full-service advertising and PR firms in San Antonio that have promotions departments. Bromley Communications comes to mind, and there are many more. Try contacting the local chapter of Advertising Federation, IABC, PRSA and other communication-related professional associations to track down which firms have promotions departments.

You can also check with various radio and television stations because they are always running promotions that require qualified people to manage/implement projects. If you have some experience, some smarts and most importantly, some gumption, you can find good opportunities in San Antonio.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
If you are looking for legitimate opportunities in marketing and/or promotions, why don't you try calling and ACTUAL marketing agency? There are many legitimate full-service advertising and PR firms in San Antonio that have promotions departments. Bromley Communications comes to mind, and there are many more. Try contacting the local chapter of Advertising Federation, IABC, PRSA and other communication-related professional associations to track down which firms have promotions departments.

You can also check with various radio and television stations because they are always running promotions that require qualified people to manage/implement projects. If you have some experience, some smarts and most importantly, some gumption, you can find good opportunities in San Antonio.

2nd PRSA and CE Group.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM

29 posts, read 64,820 times
Default Sphere

Sphere Management Group has a very fishy feel to me. They just called me to invite me to an interview, but wouldn't tell me about the job. I've been applying to IT positions only, so I don't like that they have my information. When they emailed me via gmail, Google gave me a possible phishing alert. They're probably just emailing me through their website, but still, the message itself is setting off all sorts of red flags. The description of the company is extremely vague and there's no description of the actual job I "applied" for.

To sum up, I would be wary of them. Always research "marketing" companies before you join them and go with your gut. This plus the fact that they're popping up on all sorts of scam sites means that I won't be interviewing with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio