Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:56 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

Hell, I still like Montclair Plaza... and that's so 40 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 10:28 AM

1,539 posts, read 3,191,662 times
There's no point in living in Chino Hills and having to drive to your work by the airport. Just find somewhere in RC and be a lot closer. They are equally as nice imo. There are even SOME nice parts of Ontario but you better know Spanish

Also just to warn you, this area is really smoggy a lot of the time.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:56 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
My sister use to work in Ontario Mills years ago. She basically said it became alot more ghetto once Victoria Gardens opened. I'll trust her opinion after being in the mall for nearly 2 years over anyone elses on here. Ontario Mills is basically an outlet mall whereas Victoria Gardens is an outdoor mall. The closest similarity is in Pasadena.

Montclair Plaza use to be a dump until they started fixing it up a few years ago...I think they still are fixing it up.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:04 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,191,662 times
I live near Ontario Mills and it's not too bad. Granted the ghetto bird flies over every night, but I have never had any issues.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:19 AM

97 posts, read 260,541 times
There are actually VERY nice places in Ontario to live. A VP at my company is renting here and it's not so bad. Around the mall (Ontario Mills) and Victoria Gardens are lovely nicely maintained apartments so if I were you I would stay local and avoid traffic all together. As I stated a VP from out of state transferred here and found nice housing locally.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:32 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Rancho Cucamonga

Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 AM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
I want to revive this thread because I'm beginning the process of gathering apt complex brochures. I haven't begun actually looking at apts just yet. Studio apts aren't totally out of the question either. I picked up info so far from:

Landmark at Ontario Towne Center
Vintage Apt Homes
Ironwood at Empire Lakes
AMLI (don't like how rent can change daily though)

I'm big on having as much PRIVACY as possible. Which apts give their tenants the MOST privacy? I like keeping to myself & don't want to run into neighbors every second.

Any other newer complexes you can tell me all about would be appreciated! I'd like to not pay more than $1200/mo for 1 bed/1 bath. I also have a small dog.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 11-06-2011 at 11:07 AM..

Old 11-06-2011, 11:33 AM

1,626 posts, read 4,015,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

Landmark at Ontario Towne Center
Vintage Apt Homes
Ironwood at Empire Lakes
AMLI (don't like how rent can change daily though)
The first three apartments are in the same area off 4th st. I looked at some apartments in that area when I moved here in 2004 and they are nice. The reason I didn't choose that area is 4th st is a busy through street so car noise could be an issue. Also, it's very close to the Ontario Mills Mall which felt a little too "urban sprawl/concrete jungle-esk" to me having moved here from a suburb of Chicago. AMLI is about 1/3 mile from the 15 freeway so I'd avoid that one due to freeway noise. Having looked at a LOT of apartments in the area they are all basically the same privacy-wise and interior look/feel. So you want to choose an apartment based on location, price (obviously) and good reviews by tenants. Once you've narrowed it down to a few places go visit them in person and trust your gut instinct.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:45 AM

1,176 posts, read 3,181,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Don't you know? Ontario Mills is soooo ten years ago.
It's an older discount mall (not an outlet mall, really, though it has at least a couple of outlet stores). Several movie theatres and a comedy club there. My wife likes to shop there but not spend the day.
It's far from being a "ghetto." It did hit some real hard times for a while but seems to have somewhat rebounded. It has the discount division of JC Penney, On Broadway Shoes, a few restaurants, etc. Never has had the larger department stores, boutique stores, etc. that Victoria Gardens has. Victoria Gardens, to the north, ia an open-air "mall" with lots of stores, including some upscale ones. Lots of restaurants in the area. I have relatives in Upland so regularly visit the area. Traffic can be bad, so I wouldn't want to commute from far away, but there doesn't seem to be a need to. Lots of places to choose from. I'd probably try to stick to aras north of the I-10, but I'm no expert. I've stayed at hotels near the airport, and been bothered a bit by both train and plane noise, but that's a pretty localized problem. I'm sure you know about the area's heat, pollution, etc.

While Ontario Airport doesn't have the variety of flights that goes LAX or even Orange County, it's also relatively small and quiet and easy to use. You're within easy driving distance of mountains for skiing andhiking. You're planning an exploratory visit, right? I'd look at ads, and maybe contract a property management company (specializing in rentals), either an independent one or part of a larger real estate office. RC is definitely worth considering, but so are other areas, including Upland, Montclair, Claremont, and perhaps even parts of Ontario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties