Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:35 PM

7 posts, read 25,846 times

Advertisements

Which has the highest crime rates? I was born and raised in South Central LA, And I was thinking of maybe living in a house with a friend who is letting me live in his home because I may go to school in Victorville so I will be there for the next 5-6 years. I will be traveling all over SB County: Victorville, Hesperia, Colton, etc. But I am mostly staying in San Bernardino, CA. And I was wondering which is the most dangerous SB or LA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 01:58 PM

6,354 posts, read 7,762,172 times
This CD web site will have crime stats. Spend some time there.

Personally, I'd have a difficult time living in a place with some of the worst smog in the nation. Did it for a year, and just about killed myself. Between the smog and the commute from Loma Linda to Pasadena, I was a wreck after that year. Since you'll be going to school in Victorville, why not live up there in the high desert, and just come back down when you need to?

Old 09-13-2013, 02:09 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times
Pretty sure it is San Bernardino now.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
This CD web site will have crime stats. Spend some time there.

Personally, I'd have a difficult time living in a place with some of the worst smog in the nation. Did it for a year, and just about killed myself. Between the smog and the commute from Loma Linda to Pasadena, I was a wreck after that year. Since you'll be going to school in Victorville, why not live up there in the high desert, and just come back down when you need to?
Hmm, sounds like a great idea. I been to Victorville a few times. It looks a lot better then South Central LA despite the fact South Central LA is really ghetto. The cons for Victorville it really gets hot during the summer it hits over 109F It was terrible lol. But the crime rates seem to be higher in SB since most Gang Members from where I was from now live in SB and/or Victorville. So it really is a bit calm here in South Central LA. :/

How much does a single go for in Victorville? I'm not planning in buying yet.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:37 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,933 times
San Bernardino is a rotting hell hole. It is the second poorest city of its size, after Detroit, and is easily the worst city I've ever been to. Mexico seems safer than San Berdoo these days.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
San Bernardino is a rotting hell hole. It is the second poorest city of its size, after Detroit, and is easily the worst city I've ever been to. Mexico seems safer than San Berdoo these days.
Damn... I have to agree.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...superJumbo.jpg

Old 09-13-2013, 05:25 PM

350 posts, read 709,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caken View Post
Which has the highest crime rates? I was born and raised in South Central LA, And I was thinking of maybe living in a house with a friend who is letting me live in his home because I may go to school in Victorville so I will be there for the next 5-6 years. I will be traveling all over SB County: Victorville, Hesperia, Colton, etc. But I am mostly staying in San Bernardino, CA. And I was wondering which is the most dangerous SB or LA?
Question is practically irrelevant. It depends on what part. Move a few block in either place and the crime rate changes dramatically. Same for schools. Move a few blocks away and the schools can be significantly different. Makes no difference which city. All cities have good parts and bad parts.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:48 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,850,992 times
I have never been in San Bernardino proper. Now I want to go and check things out myself.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwashed_in_church View Post
Question is practically irrelevant. It depends on what part. Move a few block in either place and the crime rate changes dramatically. Same for schools. Move a few blocks away and the schools can be significantly different. Makes no difference which city. All cities have good parts and bad parts.
Well, I'm staying in Victorville temporarily for 4 months then heading back to LA. But yeah both have good and bad parts.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:59 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caken View Post
You can't see the forest for the trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
I have never been in San Bernardino proper. Now I want to go and check things out myself.
It has plenty of bad parts, but plenty of passable parts, and even some (gasp) nice parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties