Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:01 PM

24 posts, read 94,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Songbird_Sweety View Post
This area (Temecula/Murrieta Socal alltother ) is horribly dry, expensive,and extremely overcrowded what are you guys talking about??? It takes forever to get anywhere around here!!!!!!!! Going to the beach San Diego and La take forever too, longer than what others said. What fantasy world are you guys living in??? The weather has always been EXTREMELY HOT since I was a kid but traffic has gotten way worse than it used to be!!! Remember the Southern California wildfires the dry bush lit up in flames multiple times!!!!!!!!!!!!! Southern California is all like that!!! Duh people!!!!!!! Not a great place to move to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am only staying because of family!!! My grandma won't remember anywhere else because she has Alzheimer's disease. Many people are snobby here too if you don't have a job that earns great money to buy designer clothes luxury cars and a nice house people look down on you. I know I went Murrieta High and live and work near the ritzy area of Temecula and I get looks and attitudes like that all the time in both places!!! I am ssssooooo sick of it!!!!!!!!!Oh and there has been more crime too It gets worse all the time some areas worse than others.
JESUS!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:27 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Songbird_Sweety View Post
This area (Temecula/Murrieta Socal alltother ) is horribly dry, expensive,and extremely overcrowded what are you guys talking about??? It takes forever to get anywhere around here!!!!!!!! Going to the beach San Diego and La take forever too, longer than what others said. What fantasy world are you guys living in??? The weather has always been EXTREMELY HOT since I was a kid but traffic has gotten way worse than it used to be!!! Remember the Southern California wildfires the dry bush lit up in flames multiple times!!!!!!!!!!!!! Southern California is all like that!!! Duh people!!!!!!! Not a great place to move to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am only staying because of family!!! My grandma won't remember anywhere else because she has Alzheimer's disease. Many people are snobby here too if you don't have a job that earns great money to buy designer clothes luxury cars and a nice house people look down on you. I know I went Murrieta High and live and work near the ritzy area of Temecula and I get looks and attitudes like that all the time in both places!!! I am ssssooooo sick of it!!!!!!!!!Oh and there has been more crime too It gets worse all the time some areas worse than others.
If it's really that bad, don't let family stand in the way of your leaving.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:00 PM

119 posts, read 881,440 times
Cost of living, overcrowded schools,roads and freeways, hospitals and trauma center closed or threat of closing, illegal immigration, budgets out balance every year, crazy laws coming from Sacramento, (or from San Francisco which other counties like Alameda, Sacramento, Santa Clara or cities such LA, Oakland, Berkeley, Santa Monica and West Hollywood emulate and create similar wacky laws like banning fireplaces from being lit during smoggy days and creating a sugar tax on sodas and sweetened drinks Starbucks drinks.) To name a few.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:26 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,549,295 times
I think the fact that this topic is posted in the San Bernardino/Riverside/Island Empire forum and not SD, LA, Santa Barbara, or even OC, explains everything.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:44 PM

83 posts, read 343,665 times
If you have ever moved out of Southern Cali, then you will know what everyone is missing and why you miss it so much. The Tropical weather is found is so few places on earth. It is llike no other. Day and night life are spectacular.
Move out if you hate it so much. Make room for those who appreciate it.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:47 PM

875 posts, read 1,094,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgclyde View Post
Cost of living, overcrowded schools,roads and freeways, hospitals and trauma center closed or threat of closing, illegal immigration, budgets out balance every year, crazy laws coming from Sacramento, (or from San Francisco which other counties like Alameda, Sacramento, Santa Clara or cities such LA, Oakland, Berkeley, Santa Monica and West Hollywood emulate and create similar wacky laws like banning fireplaces from being lit during smoggy days and creating a sugar tax on sodas and sweetened drinks Starbucks drinks.) To name a few.
Huh?? Why would not allowing a fire to be burned on a smoggy day be a bad thing?

Have you lived in all the cities you mentioned, or just falling for the hype?

Old 01-03-2008, 04:49 PM

875 posts, read 1,094,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDreamOfPNW View Post
JESUS!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
If you think the PNW is going to be a bed of roses, you're in for quite an awakening......been there, done that.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:24 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,507,636 times
I have never been to Cali but to a lot of us Easterners- when we think of Cali we just think of brushfires, cults, gangs and traffic jams. Not everyone thinks Cali is a great place.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I have never been to Cali but to a lot of us Easterners- when we think of Cali we just think of brushfires, cults, gangs and traffic jams. Not everyone thinks Cali is a great place.
LOL! It's not like that!!!

Should we here on the West Coast believe that the East Coast is completely overrun with mobsters?

Old 01-04-2008, 12:28 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,777,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californialeavin View Post
I have to say..........SO CAL DOES SUCK!! I also have to sadly admit it took me 15 years to realize that and move. BUT, since I have moved out of Cali (Ontario, Ca) things could not have gotten better!! Life is good outside of Cali, its just sad that most people are "programmed" to think that "Cali is the BEST PLACE to live". What you pay for a One bedroom ghetto apartment, you can probably own a nice new home here. It all depends on where you are happy. Some people actually love smog, ghettos, over priced homes and apartments, burnt out mounatains, and very overcrowded beaches. As for me, all I can say is..............."It's been nice, but you are not worth it..........."
Where is it that you've moved to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties