Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 01:02 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,116 times

Advertisements

What kind of a crappy neighborhood does not have driveways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 01:22 AM

16 posts, read 31,325 times
Apparently and unfortunately the one I live in
It's basically a loop.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:56 AM

4,168 posts, read 4,879,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina0125 View Post
Apparently and unfortunately the one I live in
It's basically a loop.
Now that I see it...yeah that does suck and it seems like the City/County should have never approved such a development project without ensuring adequate available parking for each property dwelling. Well, there's always parking in the front yard but I'm sure that would ruffle someone's feathers even more. No easy solutions here beyond all the neighbors cooperating with each other as best they can....it is what it is.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:22 PM

Yeah, we can't do anything about it so I accepted to just ignore them whenever they knock on my door and accusing us of parking in front of their house. They actually came to my house again just now, it's the second time this month. There was a party at some house and the harassing neighbors came straight to our house and told us that we should look out for them whenever someone parks in front of their house. Uh, excuse me? This douche is telling us to be good neighbors for them whilst they're accusing us? Hell no. He's no king, he doesn't own this neighborhood. His girlfriend can park anywhere, if there's no parking spot then that's their problem, don't come knocking on our door and tell us to help them out.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:04 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
I don't know how large your front yard is, or if HOA would allow it, but could you put space for at least one car (concrete or gravel) in your front yard? That's what we did, where we used to live & so did a lot of others. If HOA says no, then time to talk to them, cuz that street configuration is whack!

P.S. Are these single family, detached houses? Does each house have a garage? I have not seen something like this in SoCal.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:52 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,622,618 times
I would think they have psychological problems. Maybe dementia. Have you contacted the home's owner?

I have known law enforcement to take a hands off attitude in neighbor issues, particularly in a hoa...even if the neighbor is shining lights in people's windows. Fire Dept is good, though, if you have an issue they would cover.

Old 12-14-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
I don't know how large your front yard is, or if HOA would allow it, but could you put space for at least one car (concrete or gravel) in your front yard? That's what we did, where we used to live & so did a lot of others. If HOA says no, then time to talk to them, cuz that street configuration is whack!

P.S. Are these single family, detached houses? Does each house have a garage? I have not seen something like this in SoCal.
It's a single family house. But both my neighbors are renting and they have a lot of people living in there so there is about 4 cars in their household. Yeah, each house has a garage. It's the oddest neighborhood structure. The fire department recently told us to all parallel park so it's really difficult for all of us and we can't do anything about it :[
I agree it is really whack!

Old 12-14-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
I would think they have psychological problems. Maybe dementia. Have you contacted the home's owner?

I have known law enforcement to take a hands off attitude in neighbor issues, particularly in a hoa...even if the neighbor is shining lights in people's windows. Fire Dept is good, though, if you have an issue they would cover.
They are seriously crazy. I've told them to stop harassing us and they told us "we're not harassing you, harassing is being rude and yelling at you guys" they come to my house every single time a car is parked in front of their house and bring their rude attitude and accuse us so I guess they're delusional for not calling that harassment.
The city owns that house, the previous owner of that house just left the house and the city just let people rent it. I've called the city and they told us it was our problem and we have to talk to the neighbors ourselves, but we have a crazy neighbor that's obsessed with their claim of parking spot that won't stop harassing us. We decided to just ignore them.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:33 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,622,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina0125 View Post
They are seriously crazy. I've told them to stop harassing us and they told us "we're not harassing you, harassing is being rude and yelling at you guys" they come to my house every single time a car is parked in front of their house and bring their rude attitude and accuse us so I guess they're delusional for not calling that harassment.
The city owns that house, the previous owner of that house just left the house and the city just let people rent it. I've called the city and they told us it was our problem and we have to talk to the neighbors ourselves, but we have a crazy neighbor that's obsessed with their claim of parking spot that won't stop harassing us. We decided to just ignore them.
Is there some sort of law in your area about who is responsible for a home and its occupants?

Old 12-15-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
Is there some sort of law in your area about who is responsible for a home and its occupants?
No, there's no law in our area about whose responsible whatsoever. The city doesn't really do anything about it I guess?
Basically public parking but the neighbor claims their spot. Everyone can park wherever they want. It's annoying to have neighbors like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties