Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:51 AM

3 posts, read 10,849 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Riverside for the past 10 years. Relocated from Nothern California. It's a great city. We used to live in Canyon Crest. We currently live in Orangecrest. Very happy with neighborhood, families. grest schools. best in district. Best of luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 12:15 AM

14 posts, read 63,577 times
Default avoid san bernaghetto

avoid san bernaghetto and (most of) riverside. there's a cable show similar to 'cops' which focuses solely on catching vehicle thieves in these two cities. the smog in riverside is intolerable, and so is the awful traffic along the 91. there's at least 2 or 3 accidents every afternoon rush-hour, and it takes you one hour to drive the 15 miles from Corona. horrible.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM

10 posts, read 62,303 times
I live in Redlands and it is quite nice - but rather expensive due to lots of classic Victorian-style homes as well as a top-notch school district. I used to live in Palm Desert which is generally nice, but again, kind of in the middle of nowhere.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 8,096 times
There are some very nice upscale neighborhoods in Riverside. Orangecrest, Canyon Crest or the Victoria Woods area are all nice places to choose. Riverside or Rancho Cucamonga, Temecula are all probably the best places for a single guy who is into what you are into. I would def. stay away from moreno valley, fontana, rialto or San Berdo.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:52 PM

158 posts, read 581,798 times
Unhappy High Desert is bad news!

I live in the High Desert and it is BAD because of all of the low income housing that has attracted everyone here. My family and I are moving to North Texas to escape the thugs moving up here! The Sherriff of San Bernardino claimed that in 5 years from now, the forcast is that the High Desert will make L.A. ghettos look like a playground. Scary!

Great areas around where you are thinking about are Upland (North of 16th Street), and Claremont. They are both beautiful and affordable.

Hope this helps guide you a little bit. I know how it can be to relocate! (I am relying heavily on the people on the Dallas forum right now for myself.)

Old 02-19-2008, 09:26 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Why would you want to move from a state with new Immgration Laws to a "soon-to-be" sanctuary state?

Old 02-19-2008, 11:45 PM

158 posts, read 581,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Why would you want to move from a state with new Immgration Laws to a "soon-to-be" sanctuary state?
Who are you talking to?

PHXrider, me, who?

Old 02-20-2008, 03:49 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,292,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsRUs View Post
My family and I are moving to North Texas to escape the thugs moving up here!

Hope this helps guide you a little bit. I know how it can be to relocate! (I am relying heavily on the people on the Dallas forum right now for myself.)
If you think you're escaping crime ... Dallas is actually one of the worst places to move to. One of the worst crime rates in the country, in fact. Their crime is literally through the roof ...

Old 02-20-2008, 08:40 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,423,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsRUs View Post
Who are you talking to?

PHXrider, me, who?
Excuse me, it was Phxrider's comment I was refering to.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:30 PM

105 posts, read 374,418 times
redlands all the way. I live here and I love it. i have lived in Rialto as a teen, and it was fine. My parents still live there, it's trying is all I can say. i would not live there now, but I think it gets a bad rap sometimes, it's bad but not the worst. i lived in Riverside too and there are good and bad parts.

I just love redlands. I feel at home here. There are some pricey spots but most are worth it. We rent a 3 bedroom townhome, brand new for 1650 a month, compared to what that can get in Rancho, we have a great deal on our hands. before this place we rented a 2 bedroom, older townhome for 1150 a month, also very nice. There is good food here, it's safe, lot's of cool events like market night every thurs. It's a good town-check it out if you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties