Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 08:30 AM

12,774 posts, read 14,983,025 times

Advertisements

Where are some good, spacious places to go biking in the R.C./Ontario areas other than the Pacific Electric Trail? The parks aren't big enough, not even Red Hill Park is good for biking. I also don't want to drive an hour to the beaches or other trails all the time. And a person can only go to Bonelli Regional Park so many times. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 09:05 AM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
SART, (Santa Ana River Trail).

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 03-29-2021, 10:48 PM

817 posts, read 922,556 times
go up Euclid from Upland City Hall or from Foothill, and some back down Mountain.

Also look at northern Claremont. In LA County there are often trails next to the concrete storm drains that used to be rivers.

Further away there is Carbon Canyon Rd in Chino Hills, and old route 66 through the Cajon pass,

Old 03-30-2021, 06:43 PM

925 posts, read 1,065,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
go up Euclid from Upland City Hall or from Foothill, and some back down Mountain.

Also look at northern Claremont. In LA County there are often trails next to the concrete storm drains that used to be rivers.

Further away there is Carbon Canyon Rd in Chino Hills, and old route 66 through the Cajon pass,
Bonelli Park in Pomona is nice to ride around. You can ride over the dam and around the lake.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:32 PM

6 posts, read 10,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
SART, (Santa Ana River Trail).
Where is the beginning to it?

Old 04-01-2021, 10:52 AM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camor View Post
Where is the beginning to it?
North end starts on Waterman, (between the river and Hospitality Lane), in San Bernardino. There is a small parking lot that looks like it could be part of the Quality Inn parking lot, (but is separate, and not marked as such).

On the south end, it starts at Huntington Beach where the river intersects PCH. Don't know about parking there because I always start at the north end.

The trail is interrupted through Norco and Corona where you need to ride on the city streets. The route is marked, but carry a map with you for that section as it's easy to make a wrong turn. You can pick up the trail pretty much anywhere along its path. You're not confined to the start or finish.

https://www.traillink.com/trail-maps...a-river-trail/

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 04-01-2021, 12:42 PM

6 posts, read 10,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
North end starts on Waterman, (between the river and Hospitality Lane), in San Bernardino. There is a small parking lot that looks like it could be part of the Quality Inn parking lot, (but is separate, and not marked as such).

On the south end, it starts at Huntington Beach where the river intersects PCH. Don't know about parking there because I always start at the north end.

The trail is interrupted through Norco and Corona where you need to ride on the city streets. The route is marked, but carry a map with you for that section as it's easy to make a wrong turn. You can pick up the trail pretty much anywhere along its path. You're not confined to the start or finish.

https://www.traillink.com/trail-maps...a-river-trail/
Thank you! I'll make sure to do this one day.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:56 PM

925 posts, read 1,065,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camor View Post
Thank you! I'll make sure to do this one day.
We always park at the Metrolink/Amtrak station in Anaheim. The trail is right there and a great ride to either Huntington or Newport Beaches

Old 04-03-2021, 06:06 AM

12,774 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Thanks so far, any others? I knew about SART & I already mentioned in my OP the exact place someone said.

Oh, I don't want to bike in the street amongst cars AT ALL.

So far, done:

- Bonelli Park (as already mentioned in my OP)
- Pacific Electric Trail
- The Great Park in Irvine
- Mission Bay Bike Path in San Diego (I was in the area for something else)

Next will be:
- Seaport Village area in San Diego (I'll be back in the area for something)

Old 04-04-2021, 05:00 PM

12 posts, read 16,067 times
So excited to make my first reply!

My bike rides usually consist of the following two routes. Both involve using the bike lanes, but the streets aren't really that busy outside of rush hours. And even then, they're manageable.

1) Along Haven Avenue to one of Baseline/Foothill Blvd/Arrow Route/Jersey Blvd, Milliken Avenue, Inland Empire Blvd, along the paths around the Toyota Arena and the little park/water features in front of it, and then Concours or IE Blvd back to Haven.

2) Along IE Blvd, Archibald Avenue toward Ontario Airport, taking the pedestrian bridge (good photo spot too!) over Archibald to loop around, down Guasti Road to Milliken Avenue, and then to Airport Drive back to Archibald and IE Blvd.

If you like mountain biking, I also recommend Claremont Wilderness Trail. However, I prefer to hike it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties