Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:52 PM

18 posts, read 78,346 times

Advertisements

Hi!

We are currently renting and have been looking for housing in SoCal for 4 months now.

Does anyone live in The Retreat in Corona? We have been watching this neighborhood for sometime now. Gorgeous homes; but everything is in foreclosure/short sale. We realize this neighborhood was developed mostly at the height of the market and that is what is causing the foreclosures.

For anyone that lives there or knows someone that does live there, we were interested in a few things:

!) how are the public schools? We have two children

2) WILL THIS NEIGHBORHOOD SURVIVE? With everything in foreclosure/short sale....we are concerned about the HOA. Many homes are vacant.

3) Is the golf course completely separate from the HOA of the Retreat?

4) Do you like living in The Retreat overall (your quality of life) with regards to neighbors, amount of kids (if you have any), schools, and just general feel of the place?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 11:53 PM

3 posts, read 34,715 times
I just sold a home in the area. Moved up to Apple Valley a year ago. Love it here better. I feel for children it is safer, we have golf courses, check out spring valley lakes, and see nice area great choices for schools, and safe for the children. Prices of the homes are great the weather is hotter and it is starting even in the bad econmy is growing.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 AM

120 posts, read 410,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cheer View Post
I just sold a home in the area. Moved up to Apple Valley a year ago. Love it here better. I feel for children it is safer, we have golf courses, check out spring valley lakes, and see nice area great choices for schools, and safe for the children. Prices of the homes are great the weather is hotter and it is starting even in the bad econmy is growing.
You must have lost a big chunk of change at the retreat.....

Old 01-04-2009, 01:22 PM

40 posts, read 118,332 times
Default Apple Valley?

Is that a town or an area? I am looking to move that way in the Spring and would like any input I can get.....

Old 03-04-2009, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 16,531 times
It is the Town of Apple Valley. Most prestigious area in the High Desert. I am moving OUT of Apple Valley to The Retreat in Corona. I have newer highly upgraded 2100 sq. ft. 4bd/3ba house available if you are interested... in a gated community (951) 533-4320

Old 03-26-2009, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 16,312 times
Default The Retreat - Corona

I just ran across your posting...I know it is a little old, but I do have some input. I was the president of the board the last 2 years and my wife and I have been here from the beginning. You are correct about the amount of foreclosures...there were a lot. As of last June, there were about 60 homes for sale. When you wrote there were probably about 35. Today there are 19 with 35 in escrow. Yes, it will make it. The HOA's finances are very good. There are indeed a number of people not paying, but that is getting better every month and we had excellent reserves due to the master developer taking care of landscaping longer than planned.

The golf course is separately owned and is considered semi-private, meaning the public can play, but you can also join to enjoy unlimited golf. I can't tell you anything about the schools, my kids are in college or graduated. You can have a social member for $80 a month which gives you use of the pool and exercise room, plus discounts on golf. Unlimited golf is more. Call 951-277-0562.

The general feel of the place is good and getting better every day. Our recent new homeowners seem to be doing a great job of fixing up the vacant homes. We have an 8 hour a day roving patrol, 5 acre park with bbq, play equipment and Basketball.

We believe in the place so much, we bought 2 more homes in here last year, so now own 3. I think it is a great deal, but with inventory dwindling, it won't last long. Yes, I am a real estate agent as well, but only really do it for fun. Mostly friends, family and referrals. It is not my "real" job. Let me know if you have any questions.

ps....all types of people here.....young familes and retirees. Good mix.

Take care...hopefully you already bought!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiDisplaced View Post
Hi!

We are currently renting and have been looking for housing in SoCal for 4 months now.

Does anyone live in The Retreat in Corona? We have been watching this neighborhood for sometime now. Gorgeous homes; but everything is in foreclosure/short sale. We realize this neighborhood was developed mostly at the height of the market and that is what is causing the foreclosures.

For anyone that lives there or knows someone that does live there, we were interested in a few things:

!) how are the public schools? We have two children

2) WILL THIS NEIGHBORHOOD SURVIVE? With everything in foreclosure/short sale....we are concerned about the HOA. Many homes are vacant.

3) Is the golf course completely separate from the HOA of the Retreat?

4) Do you like living in The Retreat overall (your quality of life) with regards to neighbors, amount of kids (if you have any), schools, and just general feel of the place?

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-09-2009, 04:26 PM

3 posts, read 23,107 times
Hello Koedean, I'm in Escrow in a short sale home in this Retreat Community now. What's the number to contact the HOA? Why aren't people paying the HOA? It's NOT mandatory to pay HOA fees? I'm from LA County so there's no HOA or mello roos (special taxes).

I ran into a few neighbors while house hunting & most people very depressed because they're losing their beautiful homes & the banks won't agree to a loan mod. I agree that there's a mix combo of families & retirees which is great.

Sadly, house prices in the entire Corona District are still dropping too fast & this scares a few of my friends into buying now but you get a fantastic NEW house vs. the old ones in LA county. I think it's worth it!

Old 01-14-2010, 05:10 PM

1 posts, read 14,429 times
Default help in retreat community

Hello Koedean,
I'm in Escrow in this Retreat Community now
I want to hire a gardener to maintain yard. Can you recommand a gardener to me?
Also I need someone help to do property management for my house?
Can you refer someone/some company to me?

thanks
daniel

Old 06-06-2010, 12:00 AM

1 posts, read 13,517 times
A little late but here is my feedback. I too live in corona right outside the retreat. I have lived here for 5 yrs now. I really enjoy living here, schools not so sure on as I do private. real estate, unfortunately the retreat was a bad development to begin with. I understand the intent of the site development although to really capture the essence and true value of an exclusive gated community. The developer should have done what The Vellano Countryclub in Chino Hills did. That is semi-custom, and custom homes only. Although the retreat homes are nice what isnt when its new. but at the end of the day their only trac homes behind a gate and the value is the course and the gate yet you bought the house. Ultimately in my opinion you can get about the same in other parts of corona with a more mature real estate market. Lastly, Those old LA homes are the best specially the ones built in the 20's. My wife and I had one that we refurbished and the craftsmanship was amazing too bad their too small. Thats how I ended up in the IE

Old 07-24-2010, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 13,164 times
It is a nice place to live if you work closeby. The traffic is horrible on the 91 and 15 most of the time. also, I pay $5000 for special taxes every year to the county tax department, of which 95% was for district water development. And if you have a large family, parking will be a issue inside the retreat, even in front of your own door. The HOA does not allow residents to park along side of your own house. And they do tow cars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties