Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 11:51 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht5150 View Post
Can anyone give some more places with a relaxed feel , not so much in a city, maybe just a little outside of a city in riverside county where one can breathe and not be stuck in traffic all the time. Greener the better.
Coachella Valley. Still in Riverside County, very little traffic, clean air, gorgeous weather (except for summers - which are brutal) lots of green, lots of resorts and golf courses, surrounded by our gorgeous mountains. You would want to check out Palm Desert, La Quinta, Indian Wells and Rancho Mirage. Also parts of Palm Sprimgs - but steer clear of Desert Hot Springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
Galvin Hills is green and rural. Also it's right outside of the city.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Galvin Hills is green and rural. Also it's right outside of the city.
We checked out that area. Is it Galvin or Gavalan? I don't remember, but anyway, it is very nice and beautiful there.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:54 PM

69 posts, read 293,775 times
I tried checking it on realtor.com nothing comes up, if you have a zip code handy let me know. Would you say that some of the mentioned already are some places that arent "overcrowded"? Thats what im trying to avoid. Ive always lived outside of a city, close enough to everything, yet distant enough to feel like i can do just about anything and not have to worry about someone complaining. Within reason of course.

Old 01-16-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht5150 View Post
I tried checking it on realtor.com nothing comes up, if you have a zip code handy let me know. Would you say that some of the mentioned already are some places that arent "overcrowded"? Thats what im trying to avoid. Ive always lived outside of a city, close enough to everything, yet distant enough to feel like i can do just about anything and not have to worry about someone complaining. Within reason of course.
Check out 92270, 92260, 92211, 92253, 92210. We don't have an overcrowding problem in the Coachella Valley.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:12 PM

10 posts, read 24,185 times
The problem sometimes is with the news, they report anything happening in huge Riverside County as if it is in Riverside City.
So there are OC and LA people that think Riverside is a desert like Palm Springs or Indio.
Orangecrest is great. New amazing community center. Great hiking and biking in Sycamore Wilderness park.
Riverside is kind of like Long Beach. It is so large and spread out (I think the City covers over 90 square miles now) that it has many different kinds of areas so it's hard to say it's just one thing.
It is a city with a long history of affluent diversity and brotherly love which gives it a different flavor than most, which is nice. And the areas that have sprung up in the last 20 years fought very hard for good schools and got them.
I have lived in the Orangecrest area which is very safe and clean but I also love just to drive through some of the older neighbor hoods with their huge, beautiful Victorian homes and I adore the diverse and "old hollywood" kind of architecture in some of the neighborhoods like near the very nicely remodeled outdoor mall on Central Ave.
Riverside is a very cool mix of the old and new. Fairmont Park with the huge lake and everything is so beautiful to visit, even if I'm not sure if I'd want to live too close to it.
Riverside has everything but the ocean, darn. Huge mansion neighborhoods, many upper middle class, great-schools areas, a very forward looking city council (Riverside's budget has a surplus, even in these times). I love the older horse property areas of Woodcrest too which is technically county but you drive through it to get to Orangecrest.
Great people. Only problem is it's grown so fast lately, WAY too much traffic.
And we have to keep an eye on the county politicians so they don't let March turn into a public airport.
Always keep an eye on who donates to your city councilman's campaign. Those positions are not well paid, so we just have to keep an eye out for their true intentions....

Old 02-03-2009, 09:13 PM

54 posts, read 172,729 times
South Corona-

Old 02-10-2009, 01:32 AM

21 posts, read 90,233 times
I heard Sycamore Canyon, Gavilan Hills and Woodcrest are good areas. Anywhere south of the 91 is a good area. Only places I know north that are good is Indian Hills, which I believe is county. Utilities are never in shortage due to the richness in resources, the Santa Ana River which provides water, have their own power plants from Edison, and other utilities that make it affordable. Indians Hills has by far the best view in the whole area. You can see 50 miles, sometimes all the way to the coastal plain if its a clear day. Crime is real low with exception in the low land areas of Rubidoux and Arlanza which have improved over the years to decent areas. Their are lots of shopping centers, and lots of restaurants to choose from. I noticed of my whole life living in Riverside, Indian Hills is best air quality if that is what you want. Seriously, you can tell what air your breathing in the hills is a lot cleaner than living south of the river. I use to live downtown Riverside near Mission, and I had asthma for long time, but when I moved up in the hill I never had it again. However, in recent years air quality has improved a lot, from my observations. So I'm sure Riverside is a good place to live, work, and play.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:24 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Species 8472 View Post
So, why do I keep reading posts about Riverside being a gang infested, crime ridden slum that has few parks and out-of-doors venues? Is this inaccurate, or are people just overly grim?
People are overly grim. I lived in Riverside for about 8 years before moving to Menifee. I like the fact that Riverside is truly an All American town. It has two malls, an airport, historic downtown, Mission Inn, junior college, and three universities-UCR, CAL Baptist, and La Sierra. I still attend church in Riverside.

It's a very well mixed or diverse town. Riverside is by no means the ghetto. Yes it has ghetto areas, but Riverside like many cities, has upscale, middle, working, and poor sections, and what amazes me about those sections is how racially diverse those sections are as well. I miss how it's dead in the middle of the INLAND EMPIRE. Rancho 30 mins to the north, Temecula 30 mins to the south, Palm Springs 40 min to the east, and Orange County 30 mins to the West all are easy to travel to without traffic. There is a freeway named after Riverside, The 91 or RIVERSIDE FREEWAY. I used to take that freeway every day when I used to travel to work in the south bay.

Since 2000, Riverside has really grown. The orange groves that used to be on Treautwein are all upscale luxury homes, in foreclosure now, but still nice area to live. South of Van buren in the Woodcrest area, there has been a tremendous growth of large single tract family homes too where the new King High School is located. I would say the Mission Grove, Orangecrest, Canyon Crest, Mockingbird Canyon area, Hawarden Hills, Victoria Grove, The Wood streets area, and the Poly district are some of your most prestigious areas to live in Riverside. The city, overall, is a nice town and place to raise a family.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:28 AM

21 posts, read 90,233 times
North of the river there are good areas like Jurupa, Norco, and Corona. South of the river I'd say Woodcrest, Orangecrest, etc. Mostly south of the 91 Freeway is good. La Sierra is only good neighborhood north of 91 and south of the river. Depends on where you want to be, if you like the view and upper class feel move to Indian Hills, anywhere else is more rural, farm, and horse land, with the river south from here and cool air from the hills. If you like good neighbors, country feel, and good schools move to areas I mentioned south of 91. It will cost you a little more than other places, but at least it will be an investment you won't regret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties