Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 12:44 PM

5 posts, read 40,687 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move there. It seems rather quiet. I wonder what makes it so "ghetto" as I have read on the posts..
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 08:35 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,065 times
Because Adelanto had a corrupted police station many many years ago, they also had the highest section 8 drug riden social class in the high desert. A typical family of four could rent an apartment for less then $300 per month...however there went your safety and security. Also Adelanto is home of two (three now I think) jails. A correctional facility on Rancho Rd and a Medium Security Prision , which bring there families up to the HD and move close to be close to their convicted family members.

The HD is wide open desert spaces with many drug labs and teenagers having nothing to do but turn to drugs and gangs.

Adelanto has grown over the years but never really grown out of their status of being low income and the drug stop of choice. Drugs are everywhere, but when they central in one area it makes life and the city struggle to get out of it's grips.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:09 PM

5 posts, read 40,687 times
Thanks so much for your reply and info, it was very helpful. Every time that I go and lurk different parts it seems so quiet, but now that info gives me something to think about.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:57 AM

1 posts, read 16,914 times
I have just purchased a brand new built from scratch home in adelanto. It is in a community that is just being developed. It is a new community. I am not afraid to live here. I have lived in the San Fernando Valley for more than ten years and know what goes on. I live on one corner and a highway patrol man lives on the other. You cannot pass by my home it is a cul de sac and not by a main street. I got a excellent deal and pay less than rent. If you look for trouble it will find you. Porter Ranch just had a home invasion robbery in a gated community. My point is this world is unpredicatable and we dont know where it is safe anymore...so we cant live in fear.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:52 AM

optical- Adelanto has been building homes & communities for several years now. And is doing better, but still is struggling. And yes the world in unpredicatable and nothing is really "SAFE" any longer so living in fear is not good. However I believe that the choices of your life predict your future and your enviroment. People flocked to Adelanto choosing the low income, section 8 life that thrived there and still does. I lived in the HD for many, many years and I would not recommend living in Adelanto even if your right off Hwy 18. I am glad to hear you are happy with your purchase, I am also glad you moved from "The Valley". However "The Valley" is following you.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:47 AM

8 posts, read 44,155 times
Hi everyone =]
I've been living in Adelanto for almost two years now. We got lucky and purchased on a good street. I've heard a lot of comments made about Adelanto being really bad but I haven't come across anything bad in my neighborhood. We live in what is considered new Adelanto. I'm not too sure about schools though. We don't have kids yet. So, luckily that's not something we have to worry about for now. I started a group on here for High Desert Women if anyone is interested. =]
//www.city-data.com/forum/group...rightwood.html

Old 06-06-2010, 03:24 AM

1 posts, read 15,784 times
because all these people moving up here from LOS ANGELES,CA WHICK IS A ****TY CITY ME MY MOM AND SIS MOVED TO NEW VICTORVILLE,CA 3 YEARS AGO I HEARD GUNSHOTS COUPLE OFF TIMES ITS THIS APPARTMENTS CALLED THE CASSABELLAS AND THE OWNER SAID THEY BEEN THERE 13 YEARS AND THEY HAD 13 HOMICIDES THERE AND I GOT TO SCHOOL IN OLDTOWN VV AND ITS NASTY LOOKING OVER THERE AND THIS IS COMING FROM A PERSON BORN AND RAISED IN SOUTH LA

Old 06-06-2010, 12:01 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooda43 View Post
because all these people moving up here from LOS ANGELES,CA
Quote:
AND THIS IS COMING FROM A PERSON BORN AND RAISED IN SOUTH LA
Hmmmm...

Or maybe I should say HMMMMMM...

Old 06-07-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
because all these people moving up here from LOS ANGELES,CA WHICK IS A ****TY CITY ME MY MOM AND SIS MOVED TO NEW VICTORVILLE,CA 3 YEARS AGO I HEARD GUNSHOTS COUPLE OFF TIMES ITS THIS APPARTMENTS CALLED THE CASSABELLAS AND THE OWNER SAID THEY BEEN THERE 13 YEARS AND THEY HAD 13 HOMICIDES THERE AND I GOT TO SCHOOL IN OLDTOWN VV AND ITS NASTY LOOKING OVER THERE AND THIS IS COMING FROM A PERSON BORN AND RAISED IN SOUTH LA

There is s place called New Victorville?

South LA, should be use to hearing gun shots.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:06 PM

13 posts, read 42,200 times
Default Investors

I personally know that there has been alot of investor actvity there in Adelanto,,, the houses and land are going like hotcakes!!! Hmmm,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties