Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 01:10 PM

56 posts, read 272,862 times

Advertisements

Avoid Lake Elsinore, especially if you want to go out to a nice dinner. After eating in many of the restaurants in Lake Elsinore, I have to use the toilet for hours sometimes. I don't know what they do to the food, but it certainly doesn't settle well. Also crime seems high in Lake Elsinore. Dos Lagos is another place to avoid, it's over priced and again the food doesn't settle well. I would suggest you go to Rancho Cucamonga to the Bass Outlet store, that area is wonderful, OTHER PLACES TO AVOID ONTARIO<POMONA"S B STREET>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 11:52 PM

4 posts, read 9,995 times
All of San Berdoo, Fontana, Colton, Eastside or Casa Blanca in Riverside, anywhere in downtown Riverside except Mission Inn or University, all of Mo Val except along Day Street or near MoVal Ranch, Mead Valley, all of Perris, all of Ontario except along Haven or Miliken by the 10, Redlands north of the 10...most of Riverside, Corona, Rancho, Upland, Temecula, Murrieta, Palm Springs areas are fine after dark

Old 11-05-2009, 07:55 AM

I have to tell you Lake Elsinore is at the top of my list, it's not even a safe place during the day with all the fugitive dust blowing in the wind. Most of the I.E. is someplace you would want to avoid air quality out here is an F and that spells.......

Old 11-05-2009, 08:23 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAW01 View Post
All of San Berdoo, Fontana, Colton, Eastside or Casa Blanca in Riverside, anywhere in downtown Riverside except Mission Inn or University, all of Mo Val except along Day Street or near MoVal Ranch, Mead Valley, all of Perris, all of Ontario except along Haven or Miliken by the 10, Redlands north of the 10...most of Riverside, Corona, Rancho, Upland, Temecula, Murrieta, Palm Springs areas are fine after dark
So we should avoid the housing tracts and strip malls of N. San Bernardino, the golf courses of N. Fontana, the mcmansions of S. Colton/Reche Canyon, the best neighborhoods of Riverside (located adj. to the eastside), a private lake club and mass suburbia of MOST of Moreno Valley, new housing tracts of Perris, the office towers and mega mall of Ontario, quaint houses of Reglands...

This exhibits the paranoia that MANY in the IE have if homogenous environments are not exhibited. The fact of the matter is that overall the IE is middle class and mostly safe. There are some pockets to avoid (like all places), however, being cloistered is probably not a good thing.

Also, Lake Elsinore has crime that is around the national average. The air quality in the IE isn't the greatest...but guess what? The air quality is not so hot in inland OC, central LA, inland SD...Southern California's mountians and valleys trap in smog. Unless we actually stop the sprawl to the wall mentality (bye bye mcmansions and malls as downtown centers), we won't make much progress.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAW01 View Post
All of San Berdoo, Fontana,
Someone hasn't been to the IE in awhile. Like... 15 years.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:18 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
So we should avoid the housing tracts and strip malls of N. San Bernardino, the golf courses of N. Fontana, the mcmansions of S. Colton/Reche Canyon, the best neighborhoods of Riverside (located adj. to the eastside), a private lake club and mass suburbia of MOST of Moreno Valley, new housing tracts of Perris, the office towers and mega mall of Ontario, quaint houses of Reglands...

This exhibits the paranoia that MANY in the IE have if homogenous environments are not exhibited. The fact of the matter is that overall the IE is middle class and mostly safe. There are some pockets to avoid (like all places), however, being cloistered is probably not a good thing.

Also, Lake Elsinore has crime that is around the national average. The air quality in the IE isn't the greatest...but guess what? The air quality is not so hot in inland OC, central LA, inland SD...Southern California's mountians and valleys trap in smog. Unless we actually stop the sprawl to the wall mentality (bye bye mcmansions and malls as downtown centers), we won't make much progress.

BRAVO!!
(Although I live in an area where the air quality is usually pretty good. But then, I enjoy the fields, the cows, the chickens, and the horses )

Last edited by Gandalara; 11-05-2009 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-06-2009, 05:34 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,105,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
BRAVO!!
(Although I live in an area where the air quality is usually pretty good. But then, I enjoy the fields, the cows, the chickens, and the horses )
I take it you don't live in the Victor Valley where all the "down-the-hill" transplants have caused most of the agriculture to be pushed further out-of-town.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:56 AM

They caused it? What'd they do, kidnap the landowners and force them to sell their land to developers so they could then relocate to the lovely Victor Valley?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:58 AM

Smile You are right Fontucky

The I.E. in general should be avoided in most places. Lake Elsinore has all the fuguitive dust from the Aggregrate/Clay across the street (the city held a meeting a couple of weeks ago, see the Press Enterprise artical DUST IN THE WIND). We do know that in my area there is fugitive dust (from the quarry, what is in the dust), also methane gas, arsenic, lead and who knows what else. Have you ever wondered what's under your house??????

Speaking of Meth doesn't the I.E. have one of the highest uses of meth in the United States, crime is horrid all over the I.E. including Lake Elsinore's Alberhill Ranch, the community should list all the crimes, but they don't. Looks better when you are attempted to sell Ghetto homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Someone hasn't been to the IE in awhile. Like... 15 years.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberhill Ranch Resident View Post
Speaking of Meth doesn't the I.E. have one of the highest uses of meth in the United States
At one time, the IE and high desert were meth central, both in use and labs. I believe those honors have moved on to other parts of the country, such as portions of the heartland and the South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties