Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberhill Ranch Resident View Post
The I.E. in general should be avoided in most places.
That's not what I meant by the post you quoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 06:38 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,428,694 times
Quote:
The I.E. in general should be avoided in most places. Lake Elsinore has all the fuguitive dust from the Aggregrate/Clay across the street (the city held a meeting a couple of weeks ago, see the Press Enterprise artical DUST IN THE WIND). We do know that in my area there is fugitive dust (from the quarry, what is in the dust), also methane gas, arsenic, lead and who knows what else. Have you ever wondered what's under your house??????

Speaking of Meth doesn't the I.E. have one of the highest uses of meth in the United States, crime is horrid all over the I.E. including Lake Elsinore's Alberhill Ranch, the community should list all the crimes, but they don't. Looks better when you are attempted to sell Ghetto homes.
You really sound like a broken record.
It's gotten very tiring.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:50 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
You really sound like a broken record.
It's gotten very tiring.
Very true...I gave you a rep!

Old 11-06-2009, 10:03 PM

20 posts, read 121,737 times
Thanks for all of the input from everyone. I think I have a general idea of some of the safer areas in the Inland Empire (of which there seems to be plenty) and the other potentially less safe areas which are best to avoid at night. Are there any areas in IE as bad as say.. Compton in Los Angeles.. where you basically should not get out of your car and walk around?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:03 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,103,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
They caused it? What'd they do, kidnap the landowners and force them to sell their land to developers so they could then relocate to the lovely Victor Valley?
Best example would be the OK Corral Ostrich farm that used to be in Apple Valley, but got moved to Oro Grande back in '04-'05.
(mostly)New residents bought up land around the farm and then began to complain about the sounds and so-called, messes, that the birds were making.
City stepped in, kicked them out, and now the place sits empty while the landowners figure out what to do with it.

It's not so much that developers are forcing them to sell their land, but more of the transplants making complaints to the city council that in turn work against the other land-owner.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:16 AM

56 posts, read 272,701 times
I believe Lake Elsinore in particular Alberhill Ranch where I live is the worse place to be in the I.E. at night. There are so many reasons, I can't list them all. People should be aware of how dangerous it is over here, the city really tell ya.

I believe Lake Elsinore is worse than Compton, Lake Elsinore is GHETTO that's for sure.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Best example would be the OK Corral Ostrich farm that used to be in Apple Valley, but got moved to Oro Grande back in '04-'05.
(mostly)New residents bought up land around the farm and then began to complain about the sounds and so-called, messes, that the birds were making.
City stepped in, kicked them out, and now the place sits empty while the landowners figure out what to do with it.

It's not so much that developers are forcing them to sell their land, but more of the transplants making complaints to the city council that in turn work against the other land-owner.
That would **** me off as well. The new people coming in demanding changes, I mean.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I believe Lake Elsinore in particular Alberhill Ranch where I live is the worse place to be in the I.E. at night. There are so many reasons, I can't list them all. People should be aware of how dangerous it is over here, the city really tell ya.

I believe Lake Elsinore is worse than Compton, Lake Elsinore is GHETTO that's for sure.
Is your middle name Hyperbole?

Old 11-07-2009, 11:34 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
Quote:

So a city with a median income that is nearly $63,000 is as ghetto as Compton? You are telling me that your McMansion in your McPlanned community is the same, or worse, than Compton? Really?

I get it, we all get it. You hate where you live. Then MOVE.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:05 PM

That guy has the most virulent case of buyer's remorse I've ever seen.

As far as LE being worse than Compton, in LE I have no hesitation to stroll my white behind at night in the downtown section, walking to and from whatever restaurant (usually Guadalajara's, Ravioli's or Rusticana) I dine at. Cars aren't allowed on the main drag, so there's always a walk involved from whatever back street lot the car gets parked in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties