Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:41 PM

5 posts, read 8,983 times

Advertisements

Are there houses in IE that you can actually buy the old-fashioned way, look, offer,(naturally inspect etc) buy? Or are they all short sales, bidding against many others, bank owned etc. Retired, looking to move maybe to Hesperia, Hemet or somewhere cheap but safe, but I don't want to be in bidding wars, or waiting for banks to choose an offer. Have limited budget of $150,000

Have excellent credit, 20% etc.
Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 01:49 PM

689 posts, read 2,586,825 times
Yes there are standard sales in all areas but in an area like Hesperia the market is still dominated by distressed sales (REO, shorts, etc.). You will have to look in a more established tract with older homes. Some of the owners who bought 10+ years ago do sell for whatever reason (moving, retiring, etc.) and this would be what you are looking for. Don't be afraid of looking at REO and shorts, you may get lucky and get a good deal on a perfectly good house. There are also some flips (look for a prior thread on this) and if you are careful this may also work for you. Best bet if find a good realtor specializing in the area you are looking for and make them work for their commision.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:16 PM

Thank you for the reply. Will be going to IE are in two weeks and hope to be able to put in some offers. Am looking for a good real estate pro for that area.

Thanks again.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 AM

93 posts, read 279,748 times
We just bought a 2 year old foreclosure about 6 months ago and found you still get a lot of the whole "looking around" experience. At the same time we've got friends that have definitely been outbid multiple times (one family's put in 10 offers and gotten none of them). But if you're patient you can get a great deal on a short sale. And the foreclosure hunt isn't that bad either. We got our house in Riverside that sold for $400,000 brand new in 07 for just $179,000 in March 09. You'll definitely find stuff in your price change in either Hesperia or Hemet.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:53 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence that our plan is doable.

I guess we will have to put some offers in and just wait. We wanted to move in the next 60 - 90 days, but now will figure it might be spring before it actually happens. Thank you again.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,117 times
There is no cost with using a "buyers agent" but the benefits can be outstanding. Please let me know if you'd like property lists of available REO or Standard Sales. With 20% down ( Conventional Loan) , you stand a much better chance of getting your offer accepted, but there are some tricks an experienced agent will use to get your offer considered above others.

[mod]advertising[/mod]

Last edited by Marka; 11-15-2009 at 08:55 AM..

Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 AM

144 posts, read 391,635 times
The only person cutting checks at closing is the buyer so don't tell us there's no cost!
To the op, there are a couple in Temecula along La Serena you may be interested in. I saw them the other day on the site where you posted this question too

Old 12-04-2009, 01:23 AM

Default Finally made it to the IE - Temecula first stop

We are currently in Temecula looking for an agent to show us homes. Waiting for an approval letter before we can look at any homes. We have a verbal on the approval, just not the letter. Spoke to two agents so far, one emailed me listings of some available homes within my criteria. I narrowed that list of five to three and he contacted the listing agents to check on offers and the real scoop on the status. Also, he found some bank approved short sales. This agent seems to know how to maneuver the system so far. The second agent called me sounding like she was doing me a huge favor. She also gave me a contact for the approval letter. When I get the letter in hand, she will schedule showings.

Unfortunately, most of the documents requested are at home in another state with no one available at my home to get them and send or fax them to me. So this might be a wasted trip.

In either event, we will also check out Hesperia area before returning home.

All in all, Temecula looks like a very nice place, even though I haven't seen inside any homes yet. Lots of families out walking tonight for a holiday event.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:50 AM

689 posts, read 2,586,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2102 View Post

Unfortunately, most of the documents requested are at home in another state with no one available at my home to get them and send or fax them to me. So this might be a wasted trip.
If you spend your time driving around, walking around, interviewing agents, looking at houses and getting a general feel for the area the trip will be very worthwhile. No need to rush into one of the biggest financial decisions of your life. Make sure you do some research for listings on your own and make any agent you decide on work for their money. Try and see as many homes as possible and talk to as many homeowners, neighbors, sellers, agents, etc. as possible. Good luck.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:36 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,589,436 times
And if it all possible, avoid Rancho California Rd. between Margarita and Meadows Pkwy. They've been doing this repaving project for the last couple of months, and I guess all of a sudden realized that Christmas is right around the corner and have kicked it into high gear. With only 1 lane open each way, a speed limit of 35, and period stops because of construction vehicles needing to cross the road, plus the main post-office being right there, it makes for slow going these days....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties