Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:36 PM

30 posts, read 83,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
And coming up shortly the city of REDLANDS will be throwing a party for B and "yours truly" will be in attendance!!!
So Twinkle, did ya see 'B's' sister last night on the tube, wonder how she'll do this season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 08:29 AM

25 posts, read 120,175 times
i was born and raised in barstow, i know everyone calls its the armpit of california, i happen to love it and no im not a crackhead.. lol

Redlands is really nice or was a year ago when i left california for kansas. anywho. I always wanted to live in redlands in one of the older homes so beautiful, the town really looks out for its own and promotes business owners in redlands. The only thing is know for sure sure is watch the phone prefix. that depends on what schools kids go too. or iis it the zip code.

I will concure and say welcome to california. you'll love it here. I miss it like he double hockey sticks.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,867 times
Thumbs down Miserable in Redlands

I have lived in the following
places: As a kid: Mass, NJ, Ariz.
As an adult, L.A. (college); Virginia, Ohio, Ariz. again, San Diego for 20 years. Fresno for one.
Moved to Redlands 9 years ago from Fresno.
I DETEST THIS TOWN. I have never been so
unhappy anywhere.
And I say this though I have a good marriage
a good job and am financially stable.
We moved here only for my job (with
San Bernardino County). As soon as I retire,
we are leaving - and it cannot happen soon
enough for me. We've been here 9 years. It
just does not improve.

It's hard to "break into" - hard to make
friends. Someone else posted
that it was diverse here - WRONG -
there is no diversity - white upper middle class
to rich folks. VERY conservative politically
and socially. Everybody concerned about
their latest kitchen remodel. VERY hard
to find anybody who is self reflective...
interested or - frankly - interesting.
My husband feels the same.
Also, the smog is truly gruesome and the summer
heat oppressive. Everybody with resources
leaves in the summer.
It used to at least be sort of quiet and somewhat
semi rural in spots. There were wonderful
orange groves that were so fragrant in
the spring. They are being cut down at an
alarming rate. It's hard to smell blossoms
all that much anymore unless you go directly
to the groves - and there are fewer all the
time. There are some adorable old sections
with Victorian homes. They are not cheap -
at all! (unless you are comparing with expensive
So. Cal. coastal communities.)
The university has a nice campus but they
don't make much available to the community.
They THINK they are very integrated "town
and gown" but that's only because so many
alums stay around here or come back - go
figure.

There ARE diversions: There is a symphony, and a summer "Bowl" concert series; there's a new civiclight opera (broadway plays...); an Inland
Maser Chorale; and there are
small theaters. There are a TON of churches
but only one that's at all politically liberal--a
United Church of Christ and it's tiny.
If you want a more interesting community,
go to Riverside.

Of course if this description floats your
boat - go for it.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:09 PM

234 posts, read 1,159,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
Redlands is a dump. Go to Apple Valley. Cheaper

LOL ARE U SERIOUS. IM IN VICTORVILLE AND REDLANDS AREA AND HOUSES ARE BY FARRRRRR BETTER THAN ANYTHING OUT HERE.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
I have lived in Apple Valley for 28 years and have loved it here. It's a better area than Redlands if you don't mind the commute. We have pretty scenic views and more land for your dollars.
Prices have doubled here since last year though and evidentially will be like OC in the future.

yOUR BEING BIAS APPLE VALLEY NICE AREAS CANT HOLD A CANDLE TO REDLANDS NICE AREAS.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barstowgirl View Post
i was born and raised in barstow, i know everyone calls its the armpit of california, i happen to love it and no im not a crackhead.. lol

Redlands is really nice or was a year ago when i left california for kansas. anywho. I always wanted to live in redlands in one of the older homes so beautiful, the town really looks out for its own and promotes business owners in redlands. The only thing is know for sure sure is watch the phone prefix. that depends on what schools kids go too. or iis it the zip code.

I will concure and say welcome to california. you'll love it here. I miss it like he double hockey sticks.

HAHHA BARSTOW IS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE

Old 10-14-2007, 12:52 PM

16 posts, read 99,190 times
I moved to Nashville from Redlands. I detest the south. After 3 yrs, I can't wait to get back to So Cal. Its all up to the individual. Every Californian I meet here is not fond of it either. Its disgustingly racist here in the south. Judgmental and you need to weigh 200+ to get anywhere. Not very many people have a sense of humor here. If you don't like So Cal, move to the south so you can see what you left. I'll take traffic any day........ I'm clicking my heels but I'm not home yet.....

Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 AM

3 posts, read 7,247 times
I moved to Redlands a couple years ago. Redlands is the wost place I have ever lived in my entire life.
Crime, unpleasant people, crippling pollution and traffic
no urban planning, no public transport, SEARING hot

I moved back the first chance i got and it was the best move i ever made.
I could never imagine shelling out $500,000 for a house in REDLANDS!
or sending my children to a public school there one day.

if anyone is thinking about moving there PLEASE don't

Old 09-29-2009, 01:37 PM

105 posts, read 375,014 times
Redlands schools are some of the best in the state of California. My children go there. They are one of the few schools in CA that still have music programs. If the OP can afford 500,000 for house,and they think that is cheap-I am envious. Redlands is a great place to buy a home. It has not taken a hit like most places in the IE. The homes are beautiful from the old victorian, to the 50's ranches, to the million dollar homes in the hills. Redlands downtown does not wear off after a few months. We go to market night every week and love it. We have young children so maybe it is a different experience. It is very diverse. South redlands is very white, upper class, parts of it anyway. north Redlands is host to older, smaller homes. This part of Redlands is a bit poorer than the others areas but i still like it over there and the city is redeveloping the area. There is a house in foreclosure in Redlands selling for 145,000. In south redlands. It is an amazing deal. If I could buy a house, it would be mine. You make triple on that house if you update it a bit. Anyway. Redlands is great. The mountains are fine too but if you will be working down the hill, it can be a chore to drive up and down day after day. Redlands has it all for me. There is no place I would rather live in the Inland Empire. I love older homes, and walkable neighborhoods which Redlands is full of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties