Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 02:40 PM

50,292 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Rite Aid is one I keep forgetting about even though there is one near my house. I'll have to go inside this weekend and see how their prices compare.

If that's true then they might have some good clearance sales coming up.

I forgot some, Longs drugs, Big Lots and Walgreens. They also carry stuff as do the .99 cent stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 02:56 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Longs Drugs doesn't exist anymore - they were bought out by CVS.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Longs Drugs doesn't exist anymore - they were bought out by CVS.
Oh ya, well, the place changed a sign but it's the same place

Shows you how much I notice the signs

Old 08-06-2010, 09:06 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oBak View Post
They didn't put money to MN forward because they are anti-gay,
What ever their motivation they gave hundreds of thousands of dollars to known bigots. I won't support a company that does that. Period.

Quote:
Also, it is kind of silly to boycott the business because of what some part of it in another state did. These are your neighbors who you are hurting. The guy at the target front lanes making $8.67 an hour didn't give millions of dollars to anti-gay movements, and by boycotting his store, he'll get less hours and possibly lose his job.
Both of the companies are based out of MN and that's why MN law is enforced on them.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:02 PM

176 posts, read 635,033 times
So it is totally cool to put your neighbors out of a job because of something they had nothing to do with in another state.
Great logic and compassion.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:07 PM

17 posts, read 20,006 times
I live in Oakland and the Targets in San Leandro have added a grocery section, but rather than remove the Garden (which seems popular around here) they reorganized the toy section to make it smaller. I for one welcome the grocery, it's nice to have one place to shop. Hopefully they'll have local and organic/natural foods so that we can stop going to Trader Joe's...

Old 08-08-2010, 05:21 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Cause the union can stackers are losing reasons why they make 20 bucks an hour?
Unions are what is wrong with America to begin with.

(and I say that loosely, as they have done some good in the past, but now there is no need for them)

Old 08-09-2010, 03:02 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Apparently the Garden Centers weren't bringing in a significant income to keep them open. They're doing this with all the stores.
We live in a desert with limited water resources. I'm not sure we really need a garden center at big block stores anyway. Local nurseries are more inclined to sell plants that are drought resistant and suited for our environment. And with so many condo and other master planned communities, much of our landscaping is handled by homeowner's assocations.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
We live in a desert with limited water resources. I'm not sure we really need a garden center at big block stores anyway. Local nurseries are more inclined to sell plants that are drought resistant and suited for our environment. And with so many condo and other master planned communities, much of our landscaping is handled by homeowner's assocations.

Don't look now but they want to build another luxury housing community in Ramona (the desert) just like Ramona Country Estates.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:46 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
I was in the Mission Valley store the other day, and noticed that the food section has now been put in. I didn't spend a lot of time looking, but saw packages of hamburger, Foster Farms chicken and some produce. They also expanded the frozen food and refrigerated sections.

The store has also been rearranged, so you have to ask where something is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego