Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandgal View Post
We have rented a condo in the Cortez Hill neighborhood of downtown. I have not move out yet, but my spouse is there and loves it. The area is clean, walkable and quiet, and fairly quick stroll to the more active areas. The prices are also a bit more affordable.
Yes Cortez Hill is super quiet in relation to "downtown" living.

You'll get a nice work out walking back home too!

Enjoy and dont forget to go right up 6th to Balboa Park
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 06:53 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalindi View Post
Sassberto,

I would never suggest Hillcrest to anyone. If you walk around Hillcrest during the day, mid-week, by all of the restaurants, cafes, shops, ect as all of the urban dwellers say they like to do you mostly pass by people who are half-homeless(one week they have a home but the next week they don't becuase they cant seem to get along with roommates), people who are on meds for Massive anxiety, drug addicts who again are often half-homless(or completely homeless), sex addicts looking for their next anonymous fix, runaway teens, and elderly people who look incredibly hopeless, stuck and desolate. Also, and this may sound judgemental but I have never seen so many people(I am talking about the people who are Not homeless but those who live in apts/houses) who's natural looks(skin, hair, teeth, healthy glow, ect.) are in such poor shape and or are severly neglected.

This is how Hillcrest(and North Park) have been for over 20 years and it seems to get worse(more and more people) every year.

If you drive down University in Hillcrest and North Park and do not, or have not ever noticed this fact then what can I say?

Sorry to sound offensive but wow it is a nightmare it is in those areas. It is so bad that I will type it and say it on this forum becuase it really needs to be said for the sake of just saying it. I would say it is about as bad as it gets for a so-called respectable area of San Diego County.

There are some nice houses, condos, aprtments in Hillcrest, North Park, Bankers Hill, ect. but so often the streets look and feel like the movie "the dawn of the dead" at 2:30p.m. on a Tuesday afternoon.
Though I don't agree with this, there is an ounce of truth to it. It's not just Hillcrest though. North Park, University City, Downtown, etc. all have their bad moments.

Then again suburban areas like La Costa, Del Mar, etc. have plenty of sex addicts and people on meds as well, they just seem to hide it better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego