Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 10:31 PM
lb1

19 posts, read 260,242 times

Advertisements

San Diego has every type of bar / club you could ask for and all types of people. There's night life for beach goers, trendy people, upscale people, hippy people, laid back people, country western people, etc. During the day there is all kinds of stuff too, beach, malls, downtown life, hillcrest, mountains, biking, hiking, sports teams, etc. On top of it you can enjoy it year round unlike a lot of other major cities. My wife and I made the mistake of visiting New York in February and spent half the trip inside coffee shops because it was too cold to walk around the city. I've had to travel a lot lately for my job and it is always so nice to get off the plain and be back in San Diego.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:25 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,937,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Because naive people wanting to move to places like San Diego only hear media talking about it in a good way as well as some rose colored sunglasses posters here and those contemplating the move there need to hear unbiased comments from former residents like myself!
What about people like me contemplating a move there because they've been there many times and love it like no where else on earth?

Old 07-17-2007, 02:31 PM

705 posts, read 3,300,208 times
I used to live in San Diego, the nightlife over there sucks. Really it does. Radio Stations only annonce events and parties going on in Rosarito or Tijuana because there isnt much in San Diego. I moved out and I now live in Los Angeles. From time to time I party with my friends in San Diego but the clubs suck and they are small. Also, I went to party near San Diego State University and the party ended at 1am!!! people were surprised because usually they end at midnight since the cops usually raid the parties! Go to Downtown San Diego and the only thing you will see are tourists, old people and beach goers. The beach is okay, the zoo gets boring, Balboa park is dull (museums and stuff), Sea World gets old, and the clubs suck. Im sorry if I sound like if Im hating on San Diego but its the truth. I know many individuals who have moved to Los Angeles from San Diego recently because they find LA WAY more Fast Paced than San Diego.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM

840 posts, read 6,518,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
I used to live in San Diego, the nightlife over there sucks. Really it does. Radio Stations only annonce events and parties going on in Rosarito or Tijuana because there isnt much in San Diego. I moved out and I now live in Los Angeles. From time to time I party with my friends in San Diego but the clubs suck and they are small. Also, I went to party near San Diego State University and the party ended at 1am!!! people were surprised because usually they end at midnight since the cops usually raid the parties! Go to Downtown San Diego and the only thing you will see are tourists, old people and beach goers. The beach is okay, the zoo gets boring, Balboa park is dull (museums and stuff), Sea World gets old, and the clubs suck. Im sorry if I sound like if Im hating on San Diego but its the truth. I know many individuals who have moved to Los Angeles from San Diego recently because they find LA WAY more Fast Paced than San Diego.

Did you copy your reply from another person because it sounds really familiar. LOL

Anyway, I still don't understand how anyone can compare L.A. to San Diego. It's like comparing the Bay Area to Sacramento or any city in the Pacific Northwest to New York City or Phoenix, AZ to Chicago... I can name more.

Each city has it's own vibe. Sure L.A. is more fast paced compared to the rest of Southern California.

Not all radio stations promote events in TJ. I'm going through a couple station websites and I see atleast 1 event in TJ with both (hip hop) stations.

I don't know what you're doing looking for a party at the zoo or Sea World... no wonder you think the nightlife in San Diego sucks.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1904 View Post
Did you copy your reply from another person because it sounds really familiar. LOL

Anyway, I still don't understand how anyone can compare L.A. to San Diego. It's like comparing the Bay Area to Sacramento or any city in the Pacific Northwest to New York City or Phoenix, AZ to Chicago... I can name more.

Each city has it's own vibe. Sure L.A. is more fast paced compared to the rest of Southern California.

Not all radio stations promote events in TJ. I'm going through a couple station websites and I see atleast 1 event in TJ with both (hip hop) stations.

I don't know what you're doing looking for a party at the zoo or Sea World... no wonder you think the nightlife in San Diego sucks.

If you love San Diego so much then why are you currently in Oregon??
Its not that I dont like San Diego...I just find Los Angeles to be more of a place to live for me. 1904...sounds like the year you were born. sorry, but if you want to convince me that San Diego has a good night scene then instead of questioning everything I say...why dont you give me good nightclubs and places to go in San Diego and I might just change my mind.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:15 PM

840 posts, read 6,518,516 times
Quote:
If you love San Diego so much then why are you currently in Oregon??
Its not that I dont like San Diego...I just find Los Angeles to be more of a place to live for me. 1904...sounds like the year you were born. sorry, but if you want to convince me that San Diego has a good night scene then instead of questioning everything I say...why dont you give me good nightclubs and places to go in San Diego and I might just change my mind.

I'm in Oregon because it's cheaper. Would I move back to San Diego? In a heart beat. I'm actually planning a move back there soon.

1904 = S.D. = San Diego... Nice try though. I could say you sound like you were born in the late '90s by your reply but I rather not get into an argument over something like this. It's your opinion that you like L.A. over San Diego, lots of people do just as lots of other people prefer San Diego over L.A. It's personal preference.

I'm not a club person so I can't give any recommendations, but like I said, comparing the two cities and their nightlife is unfair. It's like comparing their population.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:33 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,749,296 times
Quote:
Dude, you crack me up. Trying to convince us that LA is the all party and play....lol. Didn't I already tell you that most of the sidewalks up there roll up at the same time they do down here because we are in the same State - 1:45am?

You telling us that the nightlife up there is so much better than here is like me telling people in Fresno that their nightlife sucks compared to here.

I said it before and I'll say it again, what you really need to do is size the nightlife of LA to the "true" world class cities around the world and see how it stacks up, ie, Tokyo, NYC, London, Madrid......

And while your at it, why don't you help yourself to a slice of humble pie.

I'm sure you won't be reading responding to this immediately because you are probably out partying right now at one of the many 24-hour nightclubs that seem to be everywhere in LA.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Dude, you crack me up. Trying to convince us that LA is the all party and play....lol. Didn't I already tell you that most of the sidewalks up there roll up at the same time they do down here because we are in the same State - 1:45am?

You telling us that the nightlife up there is so much better than here is like me telling people in Fresno that their nightlife sucks compared to here.

I said it before and I'll say it again, what you really need to do is size the nightlife of LA to the "true" world class cities around the world and see how it stacks up, ie, Tokyo, NYC, London, Madrid......

And while your at it, why don't you help yourself to a slice of humble pie.

I'm sure you won't be reading responding to this immediately because you are probably out partying right now at one of the many 24-hour nightclubs that seem to be everywhere in LA.
ha ha ha ha ha!! obviously you dont know Los Angeles so stop talking!! If Los Angeles isnt a World Class City then tell my why Los Angeles has the largest Fashion District in the Nation?? and second largest in the world!! the Los Angeles Jewelry district is the largest in the nation!! Los Angeles has more renounced art and cultural centers (more than 300) than any other city in the world!! Los Angeles is the worlds most photographed city!! The port of Los Angeles is the busiest in the U.S. and the 7th busiest in the world! Hollywood is the movie capitol of the World! the Chinese theatre is the most famous movie theatre in the World! More studios and Celebrities in the world call Los Angeles HOME. Heres another fact...while other clubs in California close before or at 2am...there are clubs in Los Angeles that dont close til 5am!! I bet you didnt know that. Tell why the Grammys are filmed in Los Angeles...or the Emmys?? and many more..whens the last time you went to an Award show in San Diego?? There are movie premiers happening in Los Angeles every month! If you want to see more on Los Angeles here is a link:
YouTube - Delta SiteSeer Travelcasts - Los Angeles and here is another one:
YouTube - Downtown LA

Old 07-22-2007, 12:50 AM

240 posts, read 889,610 times
SurekRZA, your childish boosterism of Los Angeles is tiresome, especially here in the San Diego forum.

Maybe you'll find this interesting. The Harris Poll has surveyed American adults every year since 1997, asking this question:

"If you could live in or near any city in the country except the one you live in or nearest to now, which city would you choose?"

San Diego has ranked ahead of Los Angeles every year.

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=697

I get the impression that Angelenos think very highly of themselves and their city; the inconvenient truth is that the rest of the country does not.

Old 07-23-2007, 04:44 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,367,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMark View Post
SurekRZA, your childish boosterism of Los Angeles is tiresome, especially here in the San Diego forum.

Maybe you'll find this interesting. The Harris Poll has surveyed American adults every year since 1997, asking this question:

"If you could live in or near any city in the country except the one you live in or nearest to now, which city would you choose?"

San Diego has ranked ahead of Los Angeles every year.

Harris Interactive | The Harris Poll - California and New York City Remain Most Popular Places People Would Choose to Live

I get the impression that Angelenos think very highly of themselves and their city; the inconvenient truth is that the rest of the country does not.
ummm...do you think that happenned maybe b/c they polled a lot of ppl in LA and they couldn't name their home town.

and do you think we care if no1 likes us?...no...we don't. We don't like NYers or Bostonians or Chicagoans and we especially hate all Texans(at least the ppl i no do). The only states we like are Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, CA, and FL so we don't care what some rednecks in OK think about us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego