Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:15 AM

430 posts, read 1,651,514 times

Advertisements

From my understanding they are trying to get a new deal with a brand new stadium, rumor has it, if they can't strike a deal in the greater S.D area, the team may possibly look at moving to Los Angeles. I will be very disappointed to see the S.D chargers move to L.A.

Although L.A has the "market" it has proven that it is an unsuccessful place for any NFL organization just yet. I'd rather see the Los Angeles Rams back to be honest, or Los Angeles Raiders at that - ( why does there need to be TWO teams in the bay area - 49ers already). Anyways, what are your thoughts on this for all you San Diegans?.

New Chargers Stadium

New Chargers Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chargers President Dean Spanos answers tough questions from fans.

( Many questions regarding that, just read through the Q's and you will find answers regarding the possible move or not)

From the President's Desk

Last edited by mt971x; 01-09-2011 at 01:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 01:21 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,178,776 times

we have known this for years, nothing new.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post

we have known this for years, nothing new.
To be more specific I didn't ask if you "knew" about it, but more so , what are your thoughts on it. I edited the title,

since some people are too lazy to read the actual post itself.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:18 AM

50,340 posts, read 47,088,247 times
I think it's highly likely since the greedy Spanos' want to maximize profit vs retaining fan loyalty.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:41 PM

They'd be making a HUGE mistake if they moved to L.A , sure it looks "pretty good" that L.A is a hub to make money, but than again, history speaks for itself, NFL does NOT work in L.A. And if they do plan on getting any L.A teams based in L.A , than why chargers?

Chargers although haven't played in the Super Bowl (yet) have shown they are a strong force and have what it takes in my opinion to win a super bowl. If I was L.A , I wouldn't be looking at trying to get the Chargers, I would be looking at these lesser teams, such as the Raiders or Rams, Lesser why? Because raiders are much LESS successful than the chargers in recent years, and although Rams won 1 superbowl over 10 years ago, they have been a terrible team since. wouldn't that make sense to you?

Old 01-09-2011, 01:14 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,992,197 times
The Chargers have been to the Superbowl.

The Raiders or Rams going back to LA, doubt it. Say hello to your 2013 Los Angeles Chargers!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:41 PM

What I am trying to figure out is what the heck is wrong with Qualcomm stadium that they need to get rid of it completely? Sure it might be a little out dated, but why not just remodel? It's already in a perfect location as it is, there would be no point in build a "brand new" place, when the current one just needs some adjs, and also it would cost much less! So what's the deal that they need a "new stadium"?

Also, as far as L.A chargers go, that would be a HUGE let down, and mistake. I can see it right now not working at all, it is unsure what will happen only time will tell if officals can strike a deal with building a new stadium in the greater SD area, if not than for sure chance on moving to L.A. I still think Rams or raiders would be a much GREATER bid than san diego, cmon now.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:35 PM

50,340 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt971x View Post
What I am trying to figure out is what the heck is wrong with Qualcomm stadium that they need to get rid of it completely? Sure it might be a little out dated, but why not just remodel? It's already in a perfect location as it is, there would be no point in build a "brand new" place, when the current one just needs some adjs, and also it would cost much less! So what's the deal that they need a "new stadium"?

Also, as far as L.A chargers go, that would be a HUGE let down, and mistake. I can see it right now not working at all, it is unsure what will happen only time will tell if officals can strike a deal with building a new stadium in the greater SD area, if not than for sure chance on moving to L.A. I still think Rams or raiders would be a much GREATER bid than san diego, cmon now.
There is nothing wrong with it. The Spanos' are looking for the BIG BUCKS and they won't get it with the remodeled Murph.

Old 01-09-2011, 05:15 PM

Spanos said he did not know why an unidentified owner would have told Yahoo! Sports recently that it was Spanos’ “dream” to move the Chargers to Los Angeles.

“I don’t recall ever saying anything like that,” he said. “I’ve remained consistent that we want to stay in San Diego.”

Spanos states Chargers' stance - SignOnSanDiego.com

Old 01-09-2011, 05:24 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,992,197 times
There is nothing wrong with the Q, other than it being in a flood zone and built ontop of contaminated land ;o)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego