Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 09:15 PM

4 posts, read 10,594 times

Advertisements

i am a new single mother in the military been in for 3 years. my little girl was born on feb 11, 2011. i am still yet to be paid bah and having a rough time surving on my pay when will my pay change? i also just made rank to e4 in december i have yet to see that pay raise either. i am also going through a divorce been in the process of the divorce for know a year. my soon to be ex husband is not the father. i put her on my deer and i am paying her tricare does his pay change and not mine? there is not a fathers name on the birth certificate. the father of my little girl is starting to pay child support and helping support the child. i am up for orders in a year. the father of my child is a Marine and is depolying in august. when i start to look for orders does it matter where i go? do i have to stay within driving range or am i at the need of the military? please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 09:19 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyperry View Post
i am a new single mother in the military been in for 3 years. my little girl was born on feb 11, 2011. i am still yet to be paid bah and having a rough time surving on my pay when will my pay change? i also just made rank to e4 in december i have yet to see that pay raise either. i am also going through a divorce been in the process of the divorce for know a year. my soon to be ex husband is not the father. i put her on my deer and i am paying her tricare does his pay change and not mine? there is not a fathers name on the birth certificate. the father of my little girl is starting to pay child support and helping support the child. i am up for orders in a year. the father of my child is a Marine and is depolying in august. when i start to look for orders does it matter where i go? do i have to stay within driving range or am i at the need of the military? please help
One acronym: JAG

Old 03-12-2011, 09:21 PM

1,447 posts, read 2,745,847 times
Go see the first officer in your chain of command and/or the chaplain.

Each branch of the military has programs setup to help with this situation. They see it all the time. Your commander and chaplain will be able to show you these programs.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:26 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
You'll also get more information if you also post this in the Military forum.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:30 PM

4 posts, read 10,594 times
How

Old 03-12-2011, 09:35 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
How
Scroll down through the state boards to the general boards and you'll find the military board.

//www.city-data.com/forum/military-life-issues/

Old 03-12-2011, 11:02 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,330,693 times
Quote:
How
The same way you posted it on here.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,827,377 times
Quote:
What are you wanting to do? Have you been in touch with your Chief; Chief's Wife; your Division Officer; President of the Enlisted Wives' Club. I would think either one of them will guide you through this.
I'm retired Military myself and if none of the above will or have not assisted you, then DM me and I will attempt to assist you with speaking to JAG, if you need him to assist with getting the child support.
If the young Marine has already begun to pay child support - do not get the system involved, it will make his life miserable and if you have any type of relationship, that will *%$k it up royally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego