Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 AM

73 posts, read 167,507 times

Advertisements

Just curious if any of the members in the forum was Military that lives/lived in any of the base housing in the San Diego area. Pros/Cons, how were the homes, safe area, which areas are better than the others, what's the newer homes,etc. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 11:49 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,827,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reice03 View Post
Just curious if any of the members in the forum was Military that lives/lived in any of the base housing in the San Diego area. Pros/Cons, how were the homes, safe area, which areas are better than the others, what's the newer homes,etc. thanks
I'm retired military, but never lived in military housing in San Diego. You might post this query in the Military section of the Forum; there will probably be more folks that can speak to you questions.
Happy New Year!

Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 AM

316 posts, read 666,318 times
My friend is current Active Duty living in military housing in the Murphy Canyon area. She's only been there a month, but she really likes it (much more than the house/area she rented in Chula Vista). She says it's nice to be able to let the kids out to play in the front yard, which they couldn't do in the higher traffic area before. I haven't been there...yet...but [on Google maps] it looks more secluded, like it's its' own neighborhood. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I can ask her and report back.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM

73 posts, read 167,507 times
What paygrade is she, how long did it take to get a place, she work at 32nd st or north island( how long does it take to get to work)

Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM

316 posts, read 666,318 times
Quote:
What paygrade is she,
She's an E6 - Petty Officer First Class

Quote:
how long did it take to get a place,
She put in a request over the summer, and moved into military housing at the beginning of December. If I remember correctly it was approved (she was notified) sometime near the middle/end of October. I recall her telling me when I was there over the summer that she was going to do it, and when she put the request in.

Quote:
she work at 32nd st or north island( how long does it take to get to work)
Naval Base San Diego (32nd St.). From Murphy Canyon it's about 15 minutes direct (straight down the 15 which practically dumps you out at the main gate), but she [usually] has kids to drop off so her commute is always a little longer. The real time consumer will be getting through the gate; it's not uncommon to wait 30 or more minutes in line just to get on the base. When she lived in Chula Vista, she was only about 10 minutes from base. She usually left at 0545 hrs., dropped off the kids in SD, then headed to the base so she get through the gate and report at 0730 hrs. Be prepared to spend ALOT of time waiting in traffic to get on the base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego