Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 11:07 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times

Advertisements

$15 to $25 per hour depending on their skills and abilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 02:19 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwind15 View Post
Look how nice it turned out for the Smart family! That manica was here 100% legally! Sticking to people who have a business licence helps some. The guys who advertise on Craigslist pick up some work, but the competition is feirce. Last time I posted an available handyman job on there for the San Diego marina area, I got over 60 replies. No joke.
It works both ways, I've gotten what looked like legit job offers from what turned out to be real kooks. I demand a portion of pay up front now. I can't live off of barters or trades for tattoos and junk. Some people are just kooks.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 PM

141 posts, read 286,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-solo View Post
So you incorrectly assume that all illegal handyman are going to harm your family. is that it?

You would be exposing your family to the same risk if yo hire a legal handyman or a licensed contractor for that matter.
It is an accepted practice in the hispanic culture to steal from your employer.
Hispanics are racist and have a deep resentment of Americans. I don't see that in a american handyman.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,385,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrescue View Post
It is an accepted practice in the hispanic culture to steal from your employer.
Hispanics are racist and have a deep resentment of Americans. I don't see that in a american handyman.
I think you're totally over generalizing about the Hispanic culture. NOT all Hispanics are racists and resent Americans. Over the years, I've had several Hispanic housekeepers and maids and other staff and they were all really wonderful people and very honest. Also, most of them were hardworking people as well.

While I'm sure you can see this type of horrible behavior in some...the same can be true for any race. You simply can't generalize like this about any group.

All my maids were really great and I was able to leave money in jeans or pants pocket and not once did they ever take any.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:43 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,276,114 times
earlyretirement,

I think I understand what beachrescue is referring to. Allow me to interpret: The "type" that threaten our trolley lines, make the beaches unsafe and dirty and are taught to steal from their employers.
Basically the antithesis of Boy Scout Law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego