Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:39 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times

Advertisements

if your young and single, living is KM would be a social killer (not exactly chick magnet), in fact quite the opposite....in SD "you are where you live" and I can think of lots of better places that would still be fairly close to where you work. Your budget is good for a one bedroom place...maybe check out Mission Valley (that area has close access to all freeways, shopping, Mission Bay, beaches). I would also check out the Mission Bay area. For $1500 you could get a one bedroom in almost all the beach towns, including North County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 02:27 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Kearny Mesa is basically a large industrial park. No one really lives there. There is one new development at the spectrum center, but that's about it.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:31 PM

123 posts, read 405,565 times
I don't think Clairemont goes east of the 805, and there is a neighborhood east of the 805, but west of Convoy, south of Balboa. I would guess it was built in the early '60s. I think it counts as a residential neighborhood in Kearny Mesa.

There is also a trailer park on the east side of the 805, north of Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

That said, it's still pretty much the minority of the zoning for Kearny Mesa.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,482 times
Limited residential areas very commercial city. There are apartments in Kearny Mesa and they are pretty nice for sure. Convoy St would be kearny mesa's main street and has restaurants from cultures around the world as well as O'brians which is a cool bar/restaurant with some amazing food and the best part, they specialize in craft beers. There is a lot of other cool dive bars in Kearny and if you drive to ruffin and Aero you will discover Vons/Walmart/Others shopping center to fit your needs. Personally I am happy living in East County but I really do enjoy Kearny Mesa after workdays and would not at all mind living here. It's a clean well kept town (Well technically part of San Diego).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego