Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 AM

16 posts, read 17,145 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of selling our house and moving to San Diego. Decided to rent till we find a house. Both working from home. Looking for a nice clean apartment with a pool and some sort of secure (garage) parking in/near Del Mar, Solana Beach, Leucadia, Encinita or Coronado. Month to month would be perfect, but even a year or six-month lease will do. Willing to spend about $2-2.5K/month.

Since we are also considering to rent a condo/townhouse, perhaps someone could recommend a Good RENTAL Broker to look at rental properties.

Any advice/recommendation would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM

4,498 posts, read 9,383,345 times
While we were waiting to move into our house we leased for 6 months at a nice townhouse in Carmel Valley (just 5 minutes to Del Mar). The name of the complex was Andalucia. It had a small pool (nothing special) and it had a private garage for the town houses. The area was very convenient for us. We actually found it on VRBO® is Vacation Rentals By Owner but I don't see it listed there anymore.

I don't know of any rental broker but if you're only looking for a few months try the vacation rental websites like:

VRBO® is Vacation Rentals By Owner

HomeAway Vacation Rentals: Beach Houses, Condos, Cabins, Villas & Vacation Rental Homes

www.airbnb.com

Vacation Rentals ? Beach Houses, Cabins, Condos, Cottages, Vacation Homes & Villas | FlipKey

Don't be afraid to negotiate. From what I've seen, property owners are in the driver's seat as there is STRONG demand for rentals, especially in good areas. But if you can come up with some advantage, you might be able to snag a good place. For instance, with the one we leased, I offered to prepay the entire 6 months up front when we got the property and gave her a 25% deposit to confirm the booking. It seems she needed the cash and went for it.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:41 AM

16 posts, read 17,145 times
Default Thank you much

I just wanted to thank you, Earlyretirement, for the advice you have shared with me... Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego