Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 11:14 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,342,730 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Barrio Logan from TJ. Before that I lived in City Heights, and Barrio Logan is a much nicer area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 01:23 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,941,579 times
^ What drove you back to Barrio Logan? What drove you to TJ?

Old 05-21-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
^ What drove you back to Barrio Logan? What drove you to TJ?
I moved to TJ to try to save money, but it didn't happen, plus I had neighbors from hell. I warned my landlord that I was going move if the problems didn't stop, but apparently he didn't believe me.

I moved to Barrio Logan because it's affordable on my income. The target areas that I was looking for a place to live here were Logan Heights, Barrio Logan, Southcrest, Sherman Heights, and that general vicinity. I didn't want to live in City Heights again.

Old 05-21-2014, 01:49 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,278,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I moved to TJ to try to save money, but it didn't happen, plus I had neighbors from hell. I warned my landlord that I was going move if the problems didn't stop, but apparently he didn't believe me.

I moved to Barrio Logan because it's affordable on my income. The target areas that I was looking for a place to live here were Logan Heights, Barrio Logan, Southcrest, Sherman Heights, and that general vicinity. I didn't want to live in City Heights again.
Hey moved, nice to hear you are back stateside

You should share a thread about the pros and cons of living there vs here.

We took a Baja wine trip last year with Turista Libre. The guy that runs it is a gringo and lives down there. So we were chatting about living there and some of the differences he didnt realize until they started popping up.
Things like paying electric bills and such required going to the electric company and paying or mailing it in or something.

Basically nothing can be paid for online like here. Was that true in your case?

Old 05-21-2014, 02:33 PM

Things like paying electric bills and such required going to the electric company and paying or mailing it in or something.

Basically nothing can be paid for online like here. Was that true in your case?

Yes, this is true. Bills have to be paid in person. Electric bills can be paid just about anywhere, but I paid mine at an OXXO (like a 7-11). They have a service charge of 7 pesos to process it, which is just scanning the barcode, taking your money, and giving you a receipt.

My internet bill (Telnor) had to be paid at the office in person. They have automated payment machines, and that's how I paid mine. The machines accept USD, but will give you change in pesos. I just paid my last bill yesterday.

My landlord gets the bills online, but said that he can't pay them online, he can only see if they're paid or not. I don't know about the water bill, since it was included in my rent.

Last edited by moved; 05-21-2014 at 02:58 PM..

Old 05-21-2014, 02:42 PM

6,508 posts, read 7,545,217 times
Moved moved again!!

Welcome back to SD Moved!

Yes, the only bill I can pay online is Cablemas, I am surprised to hear about Telnor as they are an internet/phone provider and you would think would be with the times. All water, electric, natural gas must be paid in person. Plus, you still have to carry around cash everywhere, if my wallet ever has cash in it its only Pesos.

Electronic payent methods are horribly sub-par down there.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome back.

I tried set up the Telnor bill so that I could pay it online, but it never happened. One of the many problems with my next door neighbors, is that they would take the Telnor and CFE (electric) bills out the mailboxes (different mailbox for each bill), but conveniently forget to give me mine. Telnor wasn't a problem, because I could just go to the office and pay it, but the electric bill has a bar code on it that has to be scanned to pay the correct amount.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:53 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,941,579 times
I don't think I want to know about your former neighbors.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
I don't think I want to know about your former neighbors.
The list of problems is too long to post here, and I wouldn't post it anyway. When I sent my landlord an email that I was moving, his response was that I should trade in my 20 year old paid for van, for a little economical car to make payments on so I could keep living there. I told him that I'd be gone by the end of May or earlier.

I signed the lease on my new apartment on April 18, to start May 1. I got the keys on April 30, and starting that day, I moved a load of stuff every other day by myself in my Astrovan, with the exception of my furniture, which was moved on May 7 by MEX/USA movers.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 812 times
Default Scared in Diego

Logan Heights is a family community where crime is not as high as in white communities, so feel at ease if you are going shopping there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego