Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 03:27 AM

4,539 posts, read 12,406,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Agree with er reg. Las Cuatro Milpas.
If you want authentic and good, try Super Cocina in Normal Heights.
Slight correction: Bloom meant Super Cocina in City Heights. 3627 University Avenue. It's the part of City Heights that is directly south of Normal Heights. It's an easy error to make.

And yes, Super Cocina is seriously good Mexican food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 04:35 AM

6,893 posts, read 8,935,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
Slight correction: Bloom meant Super Cocina in City Heights. 3627 University Avenue. It's the part of City Heights that is directly south of Normal Heights. It's an easy error to make.

Thanks for the correction Kettlepot. I won't call you black (as in the cliche not race).

Old 09-18-2013, 04:52 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Agree with er reg. Las Cuatro Milpas.
If you want authentic and good, try Super Cocina in Normal Heights.
I have heard good things about Super Cocina and City Heights (or Normal Heights) is safe.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:23 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,025,432 times
Imperial Ave corridor from 15 out to the "rolling 60s" (61st thru 69th street).

Also Euclid and Imperial. One square mike in each direction.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:29 AM

I think Super Cocina is good. I recently tried it. Reminds me of my wife's cooking. I also think Cuatro Milpas is good as well. I have been eating there over 40 years. All this restaurant talk is merely opinion and personal taste. People line up there (cuatro milpas)for a reason, and they have been doing it since I was a small child.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Nice try O.P. you got your answer.
Now go post the same question in the LA Forum

Old 09-18-2013, 10:57 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,274,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Nice try O.P. you got your answer.
Now go post the same question in the LA Forum
Yup I was thinking the same. Looking for a gangsta troll!

Old 09-18-2013, 12:36 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,897,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post

Super Cocina is like having your very own Mexican Grandmother lovingly feeding you her great homemade cooking!

Old 09-18-2013, 11:00 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,384,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
I think Super Cocina is good. I recently tried it. Reminds me of my wife's cooking. I also think Cuatro Milpas is good as well. I have been eating there over 40 years. All this restaurant talk is merely opinion and personal taste. People line up there (cuatro milpas)for a reason, and they have been doing it since I was a small child.
I've never been there but have heard from several people that it's good food. I'm not saying Cuatro Milpas is horrible or even bad. I just didn't find it GREAT like people rave about. The first time I went, I thought I maybe went on a bad day so I went back to give them another chance.

The 2nd time I went it was even worse! Yes, it was authentic. Yes, there were old Mexican women working on a line preparing stuff fresh. But here's the rub.... my tortillas were almost raw the 2nd time I went. There is NO excuse for that. I mean there is this long line and they are just throwing up food for each one. I just think that sometimes maybe it can get monotonous for these women and boring and they might not be paying attention to quality. Kind of like serving tortillas that weren't fully cooked. That is a NO NO for ANY Mexican restaurant let alone one that is written about in magazines as one of the best.

JMHO. Maybe I just had bad luck both times but I won't go back for a third bad luck try. Fortunately San Diego is full of many great places on each block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Super Cocina is like having your very own Mexican Grandmother lovingly feeding you her great homemade cooking!
I heard the same thing from others and T. Damon after meeting you, I'd definitely trust your opinion! I'm going to add it to my short list and check it out in the next week.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:33 PM

ooops...sorry I effed up my "quote".

let it stand alone:

I love the tortillas at Quatro Milpas. Most times, I buy a dozen to take home. My wife, who is Mexican, goes out of her way to buy tortillas there. They are flour tortillas as opposed to corn and have a different texture, I understand that. But again, as I have stated, I believe that this all just opinion and personal taste.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego