Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 09:07 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times

Advertisements

Most people before they are arrested have driven with alcohol an average of 20 times. That is why they have increased the duo checkpoints. Last year the nabbed about 130 people who were driving after having consumed alcohol. Mandatory sentencing has been in place for a few years. If you trust the police when you blow your breathalyzer by all means throw the dice. It's not you I am concerned about. It is the people you may hit while in your vehicle. Troll? Hardly. Surpised with your depth of intelligence you could not figure that out. Here,I make it a little easier for you.

San Diego Beaches Drinking San Diego Nurse.

Public Service from an ER Nurse who sees the trauma caused. Such bright people here who consume alcohol and then drive. Sadly the takeaway is their victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 09:20 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
I'm just clarifying the difference between "driving after drinking" and "driving after drinking to an impaired level". Becoming a danger on the roads requires a loss of general motor skills and thought process. If you haven't lost any of those, you're operating on a normal level as compared to others around you. Everyone is different. It doesn't change the laws that are in place, but you're crazy if you think every person drinking on the roads with a .08 BAC is a threat to people when driving. If a person drinks fairly frequently, tolerance is obviously built up and doesn't affect the person like it would someone who doesn't drink often. Their blood might say they're at .08 but to them they feel like they've been drinking Sprite because they don't notice any difference. I'm not making excuses, and call it alcoholic tendencies if you want, I couldn't care less, but labeling everyone who gets behind the wheel after drinking, whether it's 1 drink or 12, as the same general threat to everyone is inaccurate because the end game is being safe to those around you. Simply drinking alcohol doesn't automatically impair any of your skills by itself. By that logic, any couple going out to a steak dinner with a glass of red wine is unable to drive home and should go to jail, despite not being impaired in the slightest manner.

Anyway....I don't want this thread to be closed for going off topic.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:36 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
You are incorrect. You ask a person who has been drinking to accurately assess their ability while impaired.

Tolerance actually goes down with drinks/years. That is why people who have the most horrendous crashes "can tolerate it".

Trust me, if stopped at a DUI you will be taken out of the car and given a sobriety test. If you fail (bear in mind it is a highly subjective) and based upon the officers judgement, you will be handcuffed and put in jail. If you have children in the car they will be released to the non drinking parent or caregiver. If you have both been drinking they will be taken away and placed in a shelter or emergency foster home until an adult petitions the court for custody. That cost is also borne by you. In addition, you will not have a car, you will have a crime on your record perhaps a felony, and if you caused damage it is likely that you may lose your job simply by the fact of your absences.

Taken all in total why an individual would risk this for a spot of alcohol speaks to the power of the addiction to the drug. Either that are they are ..........yes, boys and girls, cats and dogs......They are, in a word, IDIOTS.

This thread is rightly on topic. The OP asked if he could get away breaking the law and drink at the beach. We are discussing the potential impacts of that decision.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:37 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
In Pacific Beach and Mission Beach, the SD police drive 4 wheelers up and down the beach during the daytime, during any busy beach day.

No Smoking, so the laws are clearly stated.

Personally, I wouldn't chance it if I were you.
I am curious to know how many people still smoke/vape MJ on the beach ?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:45 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
More than ever. You can't get the length of the boardwalk without smelling it.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:49 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
No its clear you are an idiot. If he got pulled over at a DUI checkpoint, what his crime be? Driving sober with his tipsy wife in the passenger seat? What are you talking about You obviously have a vendetta against alcohol, this guy is clearly being responsible.
And how is it responsible to be drunk in front of your kids? Forgetting the driving aspect for a minute, what kind of impression does it make on young children to see one of their parents "tipsy"?

How about just take the kids to the beach, and leave the booze out home?

OP should just stay in FL, sounds like a better fit. A frequent news story out of FL is "10yr old driving car due to parent too drunk to drive".

Old 07-15-2014, 10:08 AM

23 posts, read 40,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
And how is it responsible to be drunk in front of your kids? Forgetting the driving aspect for a minute, what kind of impression does it make on young children to see one of their parents "tipsy"?

How about just take the kids to the beach, and leave the booze out home?

OP should just stay in FL, sounds like a better fit. A frequent news story out of FL is "10yr old driving car due to parent too drunk to drive".

State DUI Arrests in 2013 Population Size

California 214,828 37,691,912

Florida 61,852 19,057,542

Old 07-15-2014, 10:22 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post

Yes this happens, but not really out in the open during the day. After the sun goes down, you can smell it up and down the boardwalk. I've seen people smoking on the lifeguard towers at night in Mission Beach.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:34 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitleah View Post
State DUI Arrests in 2013 Population Size

California 214,828 37,691,912

Florida 61,852 19,057,542

What's your point? Having lived in both states I can say hands down CA has stricter guidelines.

CA also is much larger state geographically and has a larger population.

Just a couple of examples of FL. A Tampa area dentist named Matthew Moye drove drunk and reckless and killed two college students walking on the SIDEWALK....he got 12 yrs. And it took over 3 yrs to get him to trial. He had been stopped before for reckless driving and got a warning, about two weeks before this incident.

I sadly saw the aftermath of another drunk driver, who killed a young mother and than took off on foot, she was typical FL trash, she had no license, no insurance and she got 13 yrs.

So it's not just a case of having a good lawyer and some $$$ in FL.

FL is a joke when it comes to convictions.

While CA IMO is too liberal on some issues, you usually see about 30 yrs for someone who commits DUI manslaughter.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:53 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
More than ever. You can't get the length of the boardwalk without smelling it.
NICE ! Do the cops bust people often ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego