Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:50 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,575,132 times

Advertisements

i like the laid back dress code of San Diego but also realize there is a time and place for everything. If you are going to a nice place, dress accordingly. Otherwise, its nice to have hats and flip flops welcomed everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 02:56 PM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
yes, I suppose if J & I were located in Del Mar Highlands Mall you would see a better/more appropriately dressed crowd--though I still hold out (not sure what the word is, definitely not hope) that there remains the potential for an Affliction person there--just as I've seen, or very close to, at the Turf Club at Del Mar Racetrack (probably hipsters invading from downtown) and/or are you familiar with why Searsucker at the Mall was shut down for a month or so?? (if not, PM me for details)......funny, I knew the old Jacks in La Jolla (now Catania in its place) was not long for existence when I literally noticed their allowing a very relaxed dress code (I'm being very kind here) into their resto/nightclub shortly before they closed their doors for good years ago. At first, it was a great spot that I enjoyed going to and it attracted a nice crowd to match but I noticed a rapid deterioration in the attire and crowd shortly before they closed. Guess they overextended themselves and needed to let in any person willing to buy a drink or spend money in order to pay for their overhead before finding the business financially unsustainable.

...."There is some truth to the bolded statement above (and some of the other ones that came thereafter but I do not care to discuss). However, I noticed that people dress better in Del Mar and La Jolla. (I will avoid a discussion of the often observed prom-like attire in DTSD in the evenings which reminds me more of Jersey, but hey, at least people are really trying there). Therefore, it is not entirely true that everyone is sloppy. Also notice that the elderly in San Diego who often came from places other than California, tend to make more of an attempt to dress appropriately than young people, etc. do in San Diego. It is what it is."

Last edited by elchevere; 04-20-2015 at 03:10 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 02:59 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I drive a 4 door pick-up, nice chrome rims with no lift kit and no stupid bumper/window stickers. I think my truck is quite pretty and not trashy in the slightest. Its a great family vehicle for my family of 5 and suits me much better than a mini-van or a SUV. Driving a pick-up truck does not = trashy, as a matter of fact I've seen some pretty ugly "tricked out" Beamers and Lexus.

I will say, living in East County I've seen several different lifted trucks driving between Lakside and El Cajon with huge US Flags mounted to the back. There are typically young "Bros" types driving the trucks, one side of me thinks that it's cool that they are passionate about our country and are showing patiotism which is always a good thing but the other side of me thinks that the flags are quite excessive and is a pretty "redneck" thing to do. I am not saying it is trashy, not in the least bit, but I am sure I am not the only one thinking this.
I've got a lifted F350 diesel, stock rims but loud buckshot mudders about a foot and a half wide. It gets used, alot. It's got redneck tattoos (scratches) from the buck brush. It's got a CB and a big #$% sticker of my website in the back window plus some on the tailgate. Add in my locking gunsafe where most have a tool box and it's a real battle wagon. It might even have some big brush guards by next year.

This truck was 65000 new

I'm also a business professional. If someone wants to say I appear trashy then I'll wear it on my sleeve like a medal Obviously I could give a rat fart what someone thinks!

Until recently I also drove a M3 convertible with inch thick run flats and 18s as my commuter car.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:03 PM

6,496 posts, read 7,525,332 times
^^^ Damn ATP!!! tone it down bro . And buy a Chevy next time .

Old 04-20-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
^^^ Damn ATP!!! tone it down bro . And buy a Chevy next time .
I race small block Chevy, use Fords to tow the trailer

Old 04-20-2015, 03:14 PM

444 posts, read 665,100 times
holy crap with all these pickup drivers here! This answers the OP's question in a nutshell

Old 04-20-2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post
holy crap with all these pickup drivers here! This answers the OP's question in a nutshell
gitter done

Old 04-21-2015, 08:50 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
Seems to be the general perception among some, esp. northern California.
And the perception of NorCal is that they are all stuck up douchenozzles. Perceptions are weak and rarely factual. Especially when there are unfamiliar people making them. .... I was gonna go on but I don't feel like getting too deep in this topic. It's stupid and you posted the topic just to make people angry...............

Old 04-21-2015, 08:52 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
i like the laid back dress code of San Diego but also realize there is a time and place for everything. If you are going to a nice place, dress accordingly. Otherwise, its nice to have hats and flip flops welcomed everywhere
People here hate when I wear flip flops. Who wants to wear shoes when they don't have to. Especially when it's 110 degrees. Wet feet are no fun.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:25 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,790,318 times
Yes, all San Diegans are trashy and stupid.

Spread the word, tell your friends.

Maybe that will make les people move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego