Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 03:00 PM

50,247 posts, read 47,005,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolerance999 View Post
Carlsbad is very conservative and so is la jolla. So conservative, in fact, that neither city would rent to me.
This is not los Angeles or Seattle.
You might be confusing Conservative with poor.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 02:28 AM

175 posts, read 250,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You might be confusing Conservative with poor.
I'm not poor, have a credit score of 750, but San Diego hates outsiders. I haven't been able to secure a long term contract. Plus, the housing quality is old and run down, some of the worst I've seen in California.

San Diego residents and landlords are republican pigs, elitists who only like you if you're on temporary assignment. Sorry to be blunt. This isn't Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Reno, or Chico.

If you're here long term, they raise your rents by up to 15 percent every year. Glad I'm not here long term. I could never put up with such greed.

If you want to meet some honest republicans, try Reno and Chico. They won't raise your rents every year.

Old 01-09-2016, 12:32 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,238 times
Quote:
I'm not poor, have a credit score of 750, but San Diego hates outsiders. I haven't been able to secure a long term contract. Plus, the housing quality is old and run down, some of the worst I've seen in California.

San Diego residents and landlords are republican pigs, elitists who only like you if you're on temporary assignment. Sorry to be blunt. This isn't Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Reno, or Chico.

If you're here long term, they raise your rents by up to 15 percent every year. Glad I'm not here long term. I could never put up with such greed.

If you want to meet some honest republicans, try Reno and Chico. They won't raise your rents every year.
Blaming your misery on your outdated facts just makes you look silly. You do realized that there are registered democrats in San Diego City AND County, right? People really need to educate themselves first or get called out.

http://www.sdvote.com/voters/Eng/rep...reg_report.pdf

And while it's a few years old, check out where SD is postioned among other cities on the conservative scale. And don't think any places on the list have gotten more conservative today.

Chart of the Week: The most liberal and conservative big cities | Pew Research Center

Old 01-09-2016, 09:19 PM

20 posts, read 33,617 times
Hi, I would most definitely choose Encinitas, hands down! Its much more prestigous neighborhood than Carlsbad. It's closer to the nice beaches and has some decent entertainment, not to mention its quicker drive to La Jolla, Delmar, PB...etc. *IMO, Encinitias is more typical Socal beach town*

Carlsbad is not known for much. It flies under the radar, and I believe it is cheaper than Encinitas.

However, you cant really go wrong with either location, as they're both coastal Socal locations and that in and of itself means more than you can grasp till you move here. Good luck!

Old 01-10-2016, 01:19 AM

175 posts, read 250,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Blaming your misery on your outdated facts just makes you look silly. You do realized that there are registered democrats in San Diego City AND County, right? People really need to educate themselves first or get called out.

http://www.sdvote.com/voters/Eng/rep...reg_report.pdf

And while it's a few years old, check out where SD is postioned among other cities on the conservative scale. And don't think any places on the list have gotten more conservative today.

Chart of the Week: The most liberal and conservative big cities | Pew Research Center
Blaming what misery and what outdated facts I have no idea what you are talking about but your link already shows what I already know that most San Diego suburbs have more republicans than democrats. Republicans in general like to charge high rents and are often the cause of class warfare. They also like to ban stores like Walmart, like Carlsbad did. They'll probably ban Carlsbads new mall.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:04 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,851,292 times
Quote:
Blaming what misery and what outdated facts I have no idea what you are talking about but your link already shows what I already know that most San Diego suburbs have more republicans than democrats. Republicans in general like to charge high rents and are often the cause of class warfare. They also like to ban stores like Walmart, like Carlsbad did. They'll probably ban Carlsbads new mall.
Um, Republicans aren't the ones trying to block the Carlsbad strawberry fields mall project. That would be slow-growth advocates and environmentalists, which are not exactly GOP values.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:09 AM

216 posts, read 271,739 times
Not to thread high jack, but what time of the year do you think is the best to visit Encinitas? September? Figure would still be able to enjoy warm weather and beat the summer rush and kids are back in school.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:16 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,575,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertad06 View Post
Not to thread high jack, but what time of the year do you think is the best to visit Encinitas? September? Figure would still be able to enjoy warm weather and beat the summer rush and kids are back in school.
Locals summer

Old 01-10-2016, 11:27 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,136,249 times
Quote:

Opposition to Walmart isn't a Republican thing...at all; it's an elitist thing. It's based on people who think that the same Chinese garbage in Target, etc. is somehow untinged.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:35 AM

521 posts, read 732,941 times
We just moved here and chose the Aviara area of south Carlsbad. For our budget, we liked the neighborhood much better than anything we could afford in Encinitas. We are still close to PCH and all the shops/restaurants. We are really happy with our decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego