Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 10:21 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,025,774 times

Advertisements

Well, if you are looking for an uplifting sports story in San Diego, once again you will you have to look beyond the million dollar crybabies in Mission Valley and Downtown. I don't know what makes the Southbay such a fertile ground for little league baseball but there will be another team representing us in Williamsport, PA. They certainly made it exciting in the last out but they got the job done. We watched the game at the Pizzo's fundraiser and it was a great time. Congrats to our boys in Bonita.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 10:45 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Yeah, what is it with the little league teams from the South Bay? Eastlake and Park View both went on to the Little League World Series not too long ago. Congrats to Sweetwater Valley!

Old 08-17-2015, 11:51 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Default Sweetwater heads to Little League World Series

I had a chance to watch these kids play in the sectionals over at Fletcher Hills Little League.
After watching 5 of the 9 kids batting hit Monster, towering Home Runs, i knew these kids were special
Sweetwater Valley reaches Little League World Series | SanDiegoUnionTribune.com

These kids Break lights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXmiRqwBJMY

Also, Shout out to Chula Vista Pony League Baseball for winning the Pony world series (An even bigger deal imo)

Old 08-17-2015, 01:00 PM

Lets forget, South Chula Vista Pony won the Pony world series last month. There is something in the water down there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhwpa1R46_c

Old 08-17-2015, 08:11 PM

675 posts, read 645,234 times
One of their staffers was let go from his day job yesterday or so. Hoping he can get back on track.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:39 PM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Transplant View Post
One of their staffers was let go from his day job yesterday or so. Hoping he can get back on track.
I heard about that. I also heard he worked in Calexico of all places (heard on the radio).

Whatever the case, I'm sure he'll get more than a few companies reaching out to him.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Transplant View Post
Damn!
I Wondered if he had missed to many days of work, or if he really, just wasn't a fit with the company.
Either way, it was not the right timing to fire this guy and this company is about to get some negative publicity they didn't want or need.
I have Theory of why he was fired. His Place of business is based out of Calexico. Mexicali Has a team and is Favorited in the international bracket of the World Series. A Lot of the Mexicali Kids Play Travel Baseball for a team in Calexico.
I might be Reaching

Old 08-18-2015, 06:18 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,597,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Damn!
I Wondered if he had missed to many days of work, or if he really, just wasn't a fit with the company.
Either way, it was not the right timing to fire this guy and this company is about to get some negative publicity they didn't want or need.
I have Theory of why he was fired. His Place of business is based out of Calexico. Mexicali Has a team and is Favorited in the international bracket of the World Series. A Lot of the Mexicali Kids Play Travel Baseball for a team in Calexico.
I might be Reaching
You're reaching. His employer explained that he was on a year-long contract, and it happened to expire while he was away with the baseball team.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
His employer explained that he was on a year-long contract, and it happened to expire while he was away with the baseball team.
Two of the articles I have read said that, he was on a 1 year probationary period which is different from a year long contract.
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...322108772.html

I just made it though my one year probationary period with the state
At any rate, attendance can be a huge issue for not making it though your probationary period.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:15 AM

Damn Rain
Anybody know what time they rescheduled the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego