Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 02:49 AM

7,411 posts, read 6,556,774 times

Advertisements

I'm confused...overthrowing a dictator in Iraq (which did not attack us on 9/11 and resulted in our diverting resources from capturing the guy that did) was good but ridding ourselves of another dictator in Libya (who had blood on his hands from Pan Am Lockerbie that the greatest leader in world history failed to remove back in the 80's) was bad?....the entire unraveling of the Middle East began once we invaded Iraq, back in 2003....and talking about how strength and saber rattling will keep us safe, 9/11 happened on a "tough guys" watch (yeah, I know Bill was busy having his cigar played with a few years earlier while the greatest ruler in world history helped abet OBL into power in the first place). Oh yeah, Benghazi--4 dead, worst terror attack ever, but Beirut--241 Marines killed, OK since the greatest ever was in power so let's give him a pass.

Can you imagine if 9/11 had happened on the Kenyan's watch and he took his eye off the ball from capturing the perpetrator to invade Mexico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Aside from the inactions, the giving of Libya over to Moslem extremists, and of course, the so-called disastrous "reset" with Russia, and the miserable outcome in Syria.

Last edited by elchevere; 06-02-2016 at 02:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 07:17 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I'm confused...overthrowing a dictator in Iraq (which did not attack us on 9/11 and resulted in our diverting resources from capturing the guy that did) was good but ridding ourselves of another dictator in Libya (who had blood on his hands from Pan Am Lockerbie that the greatest leader in world history failed to remove back in the 80's) was bad?....the entire unraveling of the Middle East began once we invaded Iraq, back in 2003....and talking about how strength and saber rattling will keep us safe, 9/11 happened on a "tough guys" watch (yeah, I know Bill was busy having his cigar played with a few years earlier while the greatest ruler in world history helped abet OBL into power in the first place). Oh yeah, Benghazi--4 dead, worst terror attack ever, but Beirut--241 Marines killed, OK since the greatest ever was in power so let's give him a pass.

Can you imagine if 9/11 had happened on the Kenyan's watch and he took his eye off the ball from capturing the perpetrator to invade Mexico?
I opposed the war in Iraq and had my.house egged because of the placards there in opposition.

Benghazi is overblown, but it is nonetheless significant since emails were not provided, illness was feigned and obscure anti Islam videos were blamed.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:54 AM

i can spin as many, more actually, conspiracies and higher death totals on the GOP side. Fact is the GOP has been going after the Clintons for decades and Obama from day 1, hoping something will stick as they feel entitled to the Presidency. Only thing helping the GOP now is that Hillary is such a poor campaigner and her husband has seemed to have lost energy and his former mojo which makes him no longer makes an asset. If this were a football game, it would be who wants the Presidency less.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:19 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
Quote:
i can spin as many, more actually, conspiracies and higher death totals on the GOP side. Fact is the GOP has been going after the Clintons for decades and Obama from day 1, hoping something will stick as they feel entitled to the Presidency. Only thing helping the GOP now is that Hillary is such a poor campaigner and her husband has seemed to have lost energy and his former mojo which makes him no longer makes an asset. If this were a football game, it would be who wants the Presidency less.
Please quit wasting your time.These people on the Left and Right are Sheep.
Most of these people were lead to believe that, whatever political party they support really has their best interest at heart

Old 06-02-2016, 10:37 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
IMO political parties should be outlawed. This would entice people to actually investigate what the candidate has done in the past. Not what they can promise, which are usually lies.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:49 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Lol, trumpf supporters are more peaceful, non-reactive, and (wall) constructive, oh impartial CaliRestoration
They may be causing trouble too, but it's obvious that the Bernie/Hilary supporters cause the lion's share of the disruption and violence. I'm not sure how you can even argue that with a straight face.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:52 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,989,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Please quit wasting your time.These people on the Left and Right are Sheep.
Most of these people were lead to believe that, whatever political party they support really has their best interest at heart
It's sad really. Seeing these Bernie supporters and BLM activist toss police cars over and set buildings on fire shows just how clueless they are. Bernie will categorically make their situations worse off, and they are passionate for the opportunity.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:34 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:

US President Barack Obama led a successful lethal capture of UBL (var. OBL)

Old 06-02-2016, 12:38 PM

You might have missed my sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
US President Barack Obama led a successful lethal capture of UBL (var. OBL)

Old 06-02-2016, 03:20 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
You might have missed my sarcasm
I caught it. My response was for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego