Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 11:15 AM

219 posts, read 316,640 times

Advertisements

Is it true that there are like 5 males for every female?

Is it better south of the 8 since a lot of the marines are up in North County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 12:11 PM

6,503 posts, read 7,533,875 times
Although the thread was centered around income, Rosie posted some great San Diego County reports that show Gender, Race Ethnicity, and Age Distribution breakdown by County region if you want some stats behind this claim.

Honestly, in my dating 20's which were 10 years ago, very rarely was my dating life affected by marines or anyone in the military. I guess it depends on the types of places you frequent.

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...ve-lowest.html

Old 10-24-2016, 12:33 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
It's nothing near that and if you have ANY game at all you won't have problems.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregorShow View Post
Is it better south of the 8 since a lot of the marines are up in North County?
Most young men who I see around town who are obviously enlisted, are generally young bucks around 19-25 year olds and if they're older they usually tend to have a family. If you are a young mature professional over 25 making good money and got game, you stand a better chance at hooking up than those young buck service men.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Most young men who I see around town who are obviously enlisted, are generally young bucks around 19-25 year olds and if they're older they usually tend to have a family. If you are a young mature professional over 25 making good money and got game, you stand a better chance at hooking up than those young buck service men.
What if you are 19...

Also are military men everywhere or are they concentrated in some areas?

Old 10-24-2016, 02:12 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,644,416 times
Quote:
What if you are 19...

Also are military men everywhere or are they concentrated in some areas?
Don't act like a douche bag and you'll do fine with women here.

A lot of people in San Diego County have some sort of military connection: they're in the military, they work for the military as civilians, they're retired military, or they have family members in the military.

But, it's not like everyone who lives here is in the Navy or Marines or works for them. San Diego County has over 3.2 million people, after all.

While you can occaisionally see people in Navy or Marine uniforms from time to time just about anywhere in the county, it isn't like they will be in your face about it. And, they won't be wearing their uniforms when they go out at night, so you probably won't even know you've met someone in the military. For the most part, they're just like everyone else and there is no need to be afraid or intimidated by them.

And, of course, it might be helpful to keep in mind that a lot of Marines and Navy personnel these days are actually women.

Here is a list of the major military facilities in the county (but there are also some smaller facilities that are not listed): Military Information | Military Bases & Other Resources in San Diego, Ca.

You're most likely to see people in uniform near these areas, but,military folks can (and do) live anywhere in the County, and party anywhere too.

Again, just don't be a douche bag, and people in the military won't bother you.

Last edited by RosieSD; 10-24-2016 at 02:33 PM..

Old 10-24-2016, 02:34 PM

If you are not already in school, enroll at Mesa College. When I was in my mid 20's last decade attending classes at night I would see SO MANY good looking girls of all types of backgrounds in class and out and about in campus. During the day the student body seemed to be a little too young for me at the time, but since you are 19 it shouldn't be an issue.

Get educated and meet ladies, ENROLL AT MESA TODAY!!!

Old 10-24-2016, 03:05 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Not you again O.P.
You make some of the craziest threads ive seen on CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
If you are not already in school, enroll at Mesa College. When I was in my mid 20's last decade attending classes at night I would see SO MANY good looking girls of all types of backgrounds in class and out and about in campus. During the day the student body seemed to be a little too young for me at the time, but since you are 19 it shouldn't be an issue.

Get educated and meet ladies, ENROLL AT MESA TODAY!!!
This is the Truest statement ever^^^
I took some classes last year for my job and Oh My!
Just get involved with school activities and you will a have your choice
A chubby kid in my class told me this info when he showed me a picture of his girlfriend. I asked how they met and he t told me, "Volunteering around School"

Old 10-25-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Not you again O.P.
You make some of the craziest threads ive seen on CD

This is the Truest statement ever^^^
I took some classes last year for my job and Oh My!
Just get involved with school activities and you will a have your choice
A chubby kid in my class told me this info when he showed me a picture of his girlfriend. I asked how they met and he t told me, "Volunteering around School"
The cost of living is already very high lol. Plus I don't think you can attend two colleges at once.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:28 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
Quote:
Plus I don't think you can attend two colleges at once.
Sure you can, where did you hear that from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: