Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 01:21 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,854,342 times

Advertisements

So, my husband and I moved to the Seattle area from Carmel Mountain Ranch in June of 07. We hate it here. The only thing that's slightly cheaper here is rent. Houses cost as much to buy, and gas, food and car insurance are all higher here.

So, we're hoping to move back in June of this year. We're thinking we want to rent a house instead of an apartment, so I'm looking for some suggestions on the best way to find houses for rent. I think I'd like to go through an agent this time, maybe.

Any suggestions?

V. =)

Old 02-29-2008, 01:52 PM

957 posts, read 3,351,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
So, my husband and I moved to the Seattle area from Carmel Mountain Ranch in June of 07. We hate it here. The only thing that's slightly cheaper here is rent. Houses cost as much to buy, and gas, food and car insurance are all higher here.

So, we're hoping to move back in June of this year. We're thinking we want to rent a house instead of an apartment, so I'm looking for some suggestions on the best way to find houses for rent. I think I'd like to go through an agent this time, maybe.

Any suggestions?

V. =)
Hi Veronika, I believe I've seen your posts in the Seattle forum too about this, but I can't find where. Seattle and SD are both options for me. Are there particular reasons why Seattle was so disastrous or is it just the gloom?

Old 02-29-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoLeave View Post
Hi Veronika, I believe I've seen your posts in the Seattle forum too about this, but I can't find where. Seattle and SD are both options for me. Are there particular reasons why Seattle was so disastrous or is it just the gloom?
Actually the weather is the least of it. High on the list was that cost of living isn't much better than CA and the people here in WA are incredibly rude, standoffish and just jerky in general.

We should find out next week if we get to come back, I can't wait!

V. =)

Old 02-29-2008, 03:58 PM

Wow I've heard of the Seattle freeze on that forum, but not rude. Hopefully it works out for you.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:47 PM

99 posts, read 368,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
Actually the weather is the least of it. High on the list was that cost of living isn't much better than CA and the people here in WA are incredibly rude, standoffish and just jerky in general.

We should find out next week if we get to come back, I can't wait!

V. =)
Sorry to hear that. I lived in 7 different cities in my life. Here's what I know.
If you grew up in the Pacific NW then the weather ain't so bad. You are right though, people here are pretty rude (esp when you're on the road). The term 'Seattle Freeze' is no myth. But what made Seattle 'disastrous'?

Old 02-29-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuyoi_racing View Post
Sorry to hear that. I lived in 7 different cities in my life. Here's what I know.
If you grew up in the Pacific NW then the weather ain't so bad. You are right though, people here are pretty rude (esp when you're on the road). The term 'Seattle Freeze' is no myth. But what made Seattle 'disastrous'?
Just the fact that we picked up our whole life and moved here (while I was pregnant), only to discover we hate it here, and are no better off financially than we were in San Diego.

V. =)

Old 02-29-2008, 08:22 PM

Well that does suck. Sorry to put it that way, but it does. Hopefully you all can pick back up and go home to SD. Best of luck to you!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:59 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,392,478 times
Seattle is a great city to visit, BUT the people there are suprisingly standoffish. Plus the wether blows.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Seattle is a great city to visit, BUT the people there are suprisingly standoffish. Plus the wether blows.
That's what they say on the Seattle boards too. Why is that though? How hard is it to be friendly?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoLeave View Post
That's what they say on the Seattle boards too. Why is that though? How hard is it to be friendly?
Apparently it's really hard. Any time I greet our neighbor he grunts at me. My husband and I have a running joke that anytime someone says "hello" to us, we look at each other and say, "They're obviously not from around here."

V. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego