Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 10:48 AM

8,391 posts, read 7,664,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The vast majority of us Trump supporters recognize his statement as simply being campaign rhetoric. As ICE starts to deport more and more illegal aliens back to Mexico then they'll be paying for the wall. That'll get the freeloaders off of public funded welfare. It'll free up more jobs for real Americans, etc. one way or the other Mexico will pay for the wall.

If Mexico is such a great country why aren't these people going home and "Making Mexico Great Again"???
How are ICE deportations going to convince the Mexican government to cough up $30 billion for the wall? Can you explain your reasoning on this?

It doesn't sound like you live in San Diego or even Southern California, so you may not be aware that we already have a HUGE wall AND border patrol checkpoints here that have done a good job of keeping people from crossing the border on foot.

Why not just extend that existing wall into Texas?

It will save taxpayers billions of dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 10:56 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,286,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Were some of the Charlottesville marchers born here who carried swastikas not race baiters and the best example of “real Americans”?

I still would like to know (from you or the other poster who made the statement) what high paying jobs a Mexican (or others) took away from qualified Americans. Should we build a wall protecting us from technology and all the advances it provides at the expense of job losses?...if a foreigner took away a McDonalds job then all one has to do is look in the mirror, not at others, and ask why are they an elephant with their tail tied to the tree.
Quote:
Have you considered and/or have the skills and desire to make a career change instead of your real tale of whoa blaming others for your shortcomings?...maybe go back to school, get a new trade??

I was born here and the only way I will lose my job is if I screw up badly or someone is better than me at half the cost. So far that has not happened for 32 years and counting.
You’re really making yourself look foolish. The Charlottesville marchers were NOT the best example of real Americans. They are a racist, extremist fringe. The fact that you call them the best example of Americans speaks volumes about you.

Using your example, the best example of Democrats and liberals are violent protesters like Antifa. That’s just ridiculous and not true.

It’s already been pointed out that roofers have lost jobs due to illegal aliens. In fact, they have cost real Americans jobs all across the construction industry and those used to be high paying jobs.

You want to either hide your head in the sand or be blatantly disingenuous, go ahead. But don’t expect people to buy that garbage.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:17 AM

7,416 posts, read 6,581,638 times
You obviously cannot read as I posed the question were the Charlottesville marchers with swastikas a good example of real Americans and you, not I, brought up the topic of race baiting. LOL. ...at least you got right that, no, they are not.

Quantify a high paying job for me, including roofers. In the meantime, there used to be “high paying” jobs for Sony Electronics (VCRs, Walkman) and Smith Corona (electric typewriters and other electronics)...guess what—workets either found a new job and/or evolved by getting a different set of skills or they were left behind....suggest learning a new skill set and making yourself more marketable if you are having trouble making ends meet. Find an industry with minimum skill set requirements where you cannot be undercut by cheap labor. Your shortcomings are entirely on you....and complain to your boss—especially if he is right leaning—why is he hiring foreign labor at your expense?

Old 03-14-2018, 11:26 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,286,247 times
Quote:
You obviously cannot read as I posed the question were the Charlottesville marchers with swastikas a good example of real Americans...at least you got right that, no, they are not.

Quantify a high paying job for me, including roofers. In the meantime, there used to be “high paying” jobs for Sony Electronics (VCRs, Walkman) and Smith Corona (electric typewriters and other electronics)...guess what—workets either found a new job and/or evolved by getting a different set of skills or they were left behind....suggest learning a new skill set and making yourself more marketable if you are having trouble making ends meet. Find an industry with minimum skill set requirements where you cannot be undercut by cheap labor. Your shortcomings are entirely on you.
Do you even understand the difference between jobs lost due to evolving technologies and illegal aliens? Obviously not. I’d tell you to look up how much construction jobs used to pay, but it’s clear you aren’t interested in the truth.

This is my last post as you seem too thick to comprehend the situation.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:45 AM

7,416 posts, read 6,581,638 times
Average construction salary is $47K in one study, $33K in another; $36-59K in another..please educate me what they used to be paid—$60K, $70K, $80K, on par with the legal and medical profession (put down the pipe).?.

https://money.usnews.com/careers/bes...-worker/salary

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes472061.htm

Guess I have a different standard as to what constitutes high paying than you and I am in the white collar technology industry but, then again, I’m not blaming someone else for my dissatisfaction as you are and I have evolved and successfully changed career paths during my lifetime. Best of luck to you and your continued success.

Last edited by Yac; 12-14-2020 at 01:09 AM..

Old 03-14-2018, 11:45 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,586,903 times
Machines don't care much whether you're illegal or illegal.

We could create more jobs by removing heavy excavation equipment from construction sites and make everyone use shovels.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:33 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,571,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Roofer. We made good money doing that. Good honest hard work. Then the hordes arrived. Greedy contractors figured out they could pay these people a lot less and pocket more profits. It's affected every blue collar job in this country.

Real Americans are those that aren't illegal aliens. Simple, eh?
I don't ever recall Roofing laborers making a crap load of money, not in here Southern California.
It seems to me that most people want it both ways
They want to get their roofs done at the cheapest cost, but will not pay the cost to have an All American crew do the job.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:49 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,708,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I don't ever recall Roofing laborers making a crap load of money, not in here Southern California.
It seems to me that most people want it both ways
They want to get their roofs done at the cheapest cost, but will not pay the cost to have an All American crew do the job.
When I was roofing in the late 70's and early 80's I was making at least $25 an hour. We got paid by the square, piece work, so the faster we worked the more we made. When the illegals showed up we lost about 60% of our money. Illegal aliens drive down wages for everyone.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:28 PM

26,764 posts, read 26,880,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And: "you can keep your doctor".

Strange G. Bush was bashed and Obama ................. Double standard?
As if Obama wasn't bashed. Come on.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Just out of curiosity what high paying Jobs, Hell any jobs will it free up
I can see all of us Americans now running to all of the High Paying Maid, Field working and manual labor jobs that the trump wall will create.

I fixed it for you
Obama Statements(Lies) is one of the reason why thump gained so many voters and won the election.
Gotta call it both ways
True now, but when in office only G Bush was bashed about it and that included people from his own party and Obama .....

Oh where I currently live in TN Americans are all doing those jobs and doing quite well. Yes not the income of doctors, etc, but I have a relative that is now in his 60's, has been a gardener for years, owns his own home and has no financial worries and ... his income is not that of a doctor, etc. He lives in OR, but started in... SoCal, as I did. An older woman is supporting herself and her physically handicapped husband (Can't hardly walk at all without help) and is making what they need cleaning houses. Not to mention the young people who have starter jobs in these areas and now can't find any, as too many non citizens fill them at a very low cost to the business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego