Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 08:50 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times

Advertisements

These Shootings go all the way back to February. It's starting to remind me of San Diego in 80's where shootings were daily occuerrtces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gThnmdWwrY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajI9T56KOIU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 09:07 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times
It’s all related to the drug dealing to the homeless downtown. As the homeless have boomed, so has the market for drugs.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:23 AM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times
^^ I agree, especially if it happened at 15th and Island which the news showed pictures of. Despite all the new condos in the area it's still a hot bed for homelessness and illicit drug sales.

Yesterday's K-U-S-I news showed a press conference with a group of black pastors imploring with the youth to stop the violence.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:57 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
When you become the nations place to be to hang out and use drugs, don't be surprised at the consequences.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:05 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times
I went to a Pads game 2 nights ago with a group of friends and we carpooled downtown so we decided to park on the street near 17th and Island since parking close to the stadium was like $20.

Man o man! You have to watch out from tripping over homeless people on every block it seems. They’re not as many homeless as there used to be since the city has cracked down hard recently, but the trash and stench of **** and a mix of trash and other nasty aromas made me gag a few times.

It kinda looks like the Apocalypse in certain spots the only thing missing is trash bin bon fires, and I’m really surprised how much new development is going on down there, yet nothing has been built for the homeless. the fancy new Alexan Condos is surrounded by bums and low lives. WTF!?

How and why would anyone ever want to live there when it smells so bad outside and possibly being harassed by the homeless on a the daily for either money or drugs?!

These shootings are shocking by San Diego standards since we don’t have crazy stuff like this happening all the time so everyone makes a big deal out of it, but compared to other big cities, this is nothing and is considered the daily life of living in the “hood”.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:23 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
The violence helps keep real estate values in check. Rich people that get too comfortable can do a lot of economic damage.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:37 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
The violence helps keep real estate values in check. Rich people that get too comfortable can do a lot of economic damage.
So True.

Crime and Poor People are the Equalizers. Without them the place turns to rot, just look at NYC.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:08 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
So True.

Crime and Poor People are the Equalizers. Without them the place turns to rot, just look at NYC.
It does not turn to rot, it turns into marthas vinyard, amazing and beautiful ... and you cant afford to live there lol. "you" being most people.

The crime and the poor people being present in affluent areas presents buying opprotunities where otherwise the real estate can end up turning in to Aspen Colorado. Have one or 2 little spots like that around the nation is one thing but the entire nation (thats not a dust bowl or tornado ally) is turning affordable.

You almost have to be a squatter on public lands just to get a nice view that does not cost 7 figures.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:09 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post

Yesterday's K-U-S-I news showed a press conference with a group of black pastors imploring with the youth to stop the violence.
Yeah that's an effective plan for sure

Old 05-11-2018, 02:13 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
It’s all related to the drug dealing to the homeless downtown. As the homeless have boomed, so has the market for drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
^^ I agree, especially if it happened at 15th and Island which the news showed pictures of. Despite all the new condos in the area it's still a hot bed for homelessness and illicit drug sales.

Two of the guys killed where shot in Mountain View which is kind close but still at lease 3-4 Gang territories away from each other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego