Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2020, 11:09 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,179,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yeah. And so? Lots of folks like that.
Well - if at least the discussion kept to San Diego issues, then it'd be welcomed (even mentioning how San Diego Police are no longer arresting people, likely due to COVID restrictions in our local jails would be somewhat on-topic).

National Political issues? - they belong elsewhere, not on a thread titled "COVID-19 Thread San Diego", located on the "San Diego" forum.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:23 PM

21,738 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
You just defended someone who constantly posts about national politics here and now you’re questioning someone for doing the same?
I wasn’t defending. Just the opposite, Mike. Pointing out how common off topic wandering is ... and how certain people only object when certain others do it. Very selective criticism.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Well - if at least the discussion kept to San Diego issues, then it'd be welcomed (even mentioning how San Diego Police are no longer arresting people, likely due to COVID restrictions in our local jails would be somewhat on-topic).

National Political issues? - they belong elsewhere, not on a thread titled "COVID-19 Thread San Diego", located on the "San Diego" forum.
Guy, you’ve taken similar potshots in other California threads, not just this one. Yet you ignore others obviously depending on personal views. And that’s fine with me. Just taking the opportunity to post a snapshot back at ya. You skim over some to snipe at others. Noted. Continue.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Sustained and deranged is the perfect description of your constant Trump posts in a forum where they don’t belong.
I don’t find bloom’s observations deranged. I find the object of his criticism deranged. If there was ever a justification for a bit of running off topic, in wishfulness of restoring at least some semblance of sanity and repairs to national reputation - this is it. It’s not about partisanship. It’s nationally existential. I’ll quote a seriously non-partisan here:
Quote:
Retired four-star Air Force Gen. Chuck Boyd is one of hundreds of military voices speaking out against President Trump this election. Late last month, Boyd, who fought in Vietnam and spent seven years there as a prisoner of war, joined nearly 500 national security leaders who endorsed Democrat Joe Biden.

In a video endorsement, Boyd says that ever since he returned from Vietnam, he has been a Republican, "but quietly." He goes on: "I fervently believe that military officers should not get involved in presidential politics, even when retired. But this year is different."

That's because, Boyd tells NPR, he thinks Trump is a danger to democracy.

"As I watched him over the years, my unease with his presidency has increased. It increased to the point that I believe that our democracy will be in shatters by the time he has served two terms," Boyd says. "While I am reticent about getting involved in presidential politics by any military men, in this case, keeping out of the political process is something I don't feel like I can do." https://www.npr.org/2020/10/09/91961...ocracy-at-risk
If I recall correctly, Mike, you served in the Air Force during Vietnam. You must then know of General Boyd even if you are not familiar with the hundreds and thousands of other military and security public servants, many of them republicans, who join General Boyd in speaking out at this particular moment in American history.

Bloom’s small, anonymous contributions of similar sentiment, tucked into a minor, social media forum really don’t amount to anything surprising, nor disruptive.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:47 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
I wasn’t defending. Just the opposite, Mike. Pointing out how common off topic wandering is ... and how certain people only object when certain others do it. Very selective criticism.
I completely misunderstood. My apologies.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:54 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
I don’t find bloom’s observations deranged. I find the object of his criticism deranged. If there was ever a justification for a bit of running off topic, in wishfulness of restoring at least some semblance of sanity and repairs to national reputation - this is it. It’s not about partisanship. It’s nationally existential. I’ll quote a seriously non-partisan here:

If I recall correctly, Mike, you served in the Air Force during Vietnam. You must then know of General Boyd even if you are not familiar with the hundreds and thousands of other military and security public servants, many of them republicans, who join General Boyd in speaking out at this particular moment in American history.

Bloom’s small, anonymous contributions of similar sentiment, tucked into a minor, social media forum really don’t amount to anything surprising, nor disruptive.
I don’t necessarily disagree with everything he says. However, many of his posts are just numbers being thrown out without any links or sources. It’s just not an appropriate forum for those posts. I’ve been guilty of it but not consistently.

If one uses the argument that it affects San Diego, you can apply that to almost anything. I can come here to rant and rave about how bad De Blasio in New York is because it might push some people to move out to San Diego to escape or bring covid with them. It’s a ridiculous stretch, but you see what I mean.

Old 10-11-2020, 12:56 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,179,299 times
Quote:
I don't like the message...I think I'll shoot the messenger
Fixed that for you...

Old 10-11-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I don’t necessarily disagree with everything he says. However, many of his posts are just numbers being thrown out without any links or sources. It’s just not an appropriate forum for those posts. I’ve been guilty of it but not consistently.

If one uses the argument that it affects San Diego, you can apply that to almost anything. I can come here to rant and rave about how bad De Blasio in New York is because it might push some people to move out to San Diego to escape or bring covid with them. It’s a ridiculous stretch, but you see what I mean.
Yeah, I understand the sentiments on both bloom’s and your sides. And I appreciate the reality that you’re not posting because you support Trump (I know you don’t).

This point in time poses a conundrum for many of us.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Fixed that for you...
Yo Guy ... if you want to interpret what I write, paraphrasing is the way to try and go about it. Attaching my name to a false quote (what I never said) is not acceptable.

Snark at me all you want, rather than debate. I’ll gladly engage. But don’t misquote me in that manner again. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2020, 01:13 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoque View Post
Kamala is his mentor
misogynistic much, metoque ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego