Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 10:44 AM

256 posts, read 736,163 times

Advertisements

Hi, Looking for an artist that does cosmetic dentistry. I need to get some things done and don't want to look like I have horse teeth. thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 11:29 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,426,022 times
Nolan Bellisario - Del Mar

Old 09-08-2020, 10:37 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,822,244 times
Tj!

Old 09-09-2020, 10:30 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,313,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Tj!
Agree. I'll be starting to support my dentist in TJ again very soon.

Old 09-09-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Agree. I'll be starting to support my dentist in TJ again very soon.
I will too but within limits. I seriously doubt I would get a root canal done in TJ. There is a tendency to let "little" things slide in the production process in Mexico. It is ingrained in the culture. Surgery is not something I take lightly.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I will too but within limits. I seriously doubt I would get a root canal done in TJ. There is a tendency to let "little" things slide in the production process in Mexico. It is ingrained in the culture. Surgery is not something I take lightly.
I don't need a root canal, I had that done two years ago. I need to have my teeth cleaned, then have my cosmetic dentist take a mold to put another tooth on my lower partial, since I had a tooth break in half and fall out (lower jaw, natural tooth w/a filling).

And I need to start visiting the pharmacy while I'm there.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKT721 View Post
For cosmetic dentistry..AACD is where you need to do your search. Dentists who have the most experience and education are listed. I have used this resource myself. Choose several dentists within your area and then decide. Interview those dentists before making your final choice. As for TJ, I live in Denver, but there is no way I would receive a medical/dental procedure in TJ..outside of the United States. I would not trust that decision whatsoever.
I've been going to my dentist in TJ for over four years, and I'm not dead yet. The quality of work that I've gotten exceeds any work that I could ever have done here, not mention the huge difference in price.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKT721 View Post
For cosmetic dentistry..AACD is where you need to do your search. Dentists who have the most experience and education are listed. I have used this resource myself. Choose several dentists within your area and then decide. Interview those dentists before making your final choice. As for TJ, I live in Denver, but there is no way I would receive a medical/dental procedure in TJ..outside of the United States. I would not trust that decision whatsoever.
Getting licensed in Mexico is an entirely different process than in the USA. However in Mexico from what I have found to be true is the good dentists are trained in Guadalajara. Apparently this is where the best training is given.

Cleanings are fine. I have had minor cavities filled and a replacement for a chipped tooth performed.

I would avoid the obvious places in the tourist areas. If anything get a recommendation from a middle class local. There is a huge middle/upper class in Tijuana. I am sure someone can introduce you to a good dentist. They will be more honest than the "car salesmen" you have to deal with in America.

Some offices may not have the most modern equipment but many are capable of giving you the same level of service you get in America but for much less.

It's all about doing your research and who you know. It isn't fair to write TJ off completely. TJ has been there for me when I really needed it and my country couldn't give a rats ass or wanted me to pay out of my A for the treatment.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Getting licensed in Mexico is an entirely different process than in the USA. However in Mexico from what I have found to be true is the good dentists are trained in Guadalajara. Apparently this is where the best training is given.

Cleanings are fine. I have had minor cavities filled and a replacement for a chipped tooth performed.

I would avoid the obvious places in the tourist areas. If anything get a recommendation from a middle class local. There is a huge middle/upper class in Tijuana. I am sure someone can introduce you to a good dentist. They will be more honest than the "car salesmen" you have to deal with in America.

Some offices may not have the most modern equipment but many are capable of giving you the same level of service you get in America but for much less.

It's all about doing your research and who you know. It isn't fair to write TJ off completely. TJ has been there for me when I really needed it and my country couldn't give a rats ass or wanted me to pay out of my A for the treatment.
This is true. My dentist is in Zona Rio, and not within walking distance of the border, and they don't take walk-ins. But Washington Dental on Revolution is the totally opposite, and their prices are lower. But that's not what I wanted, and my dentist was a referral from a friend.

Old 09-09-2020, 08:39 PM

301 posts, read 164,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Tj!
SIMNSA is the BEST

SIMNSA - Health Plan

FYI

The Penthouse on the 7th floor has a DAY SPA with a sauna lockers hot tea and showers

COVID-19 SAFE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego