Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 03:48 PM

216 posts, read 258,931 times

Advertisements

I've been wearing two cloth masks throughout the pandemic but recently learned of three people I know who got covid with the initial transmission taking place between two people who were wearing masks (one was cloth and don't know about the other).

Clearly there wasn't enough distance apart, however the fact that the initial transmission was done by two people wearing masks is concerning enough for me to switch to N95s (not KN95s) since I'll be going back to work soon.

Costco website has 100x for $320 however I only need 10-25. Amazon still isn't selling N95s to non-healthcare workers and I wouldn't trust anything on eBay to be genuine (same concern with Amazon even if they were selling them).

Does anyone know where I can buy 10-25 genuine N95s either online or locally?

Also, I haven't been able to find much info about this - is there peer-reviewed evidence that shows combining a face shield or glasses along with a mask adds more than a slight level of protection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2020, 06:58 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,431,701 times
Considering I haven't been able to find Lysol wipes for 8 months good luck with the surgical masks.

Eventually a new strain will appear when no mask will work.

Last edited by CNYC; 12-25-2020 at 07:37 PM..

Old 12-25-2020, 07:12 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKiwi View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy 10-25 genuine N95s either online or locally?
You just have to keep poking around online. Various places get stock in, then it sells fast. Here are some places to start:

honeywellstore.com
envirosafetyproducts.com
grainger.com
northernsafety.com

I have more but don't want to give out all my sources.

Be open to buying respirators with the exhalation vent, then put a procedure mask over the vent when you wear it. Also don't get fixated on N95s. P95s and R95s work just as well.

Old 12-25-2020, 09:04 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,556,387 times
I bought from this site a couple of times. They are a legit site.
https://bonafidemasks.com/Powecom-kn...rce=slickdeals

Also check this site from Time to time. Just pucbh if , By
https://slickdeals.net/

Old 12-26-2020, 08:10 AM

4,025 posts, read 1,880,794 times
This kind of implies that you are not understanding what the cloth masks are for. They are NOT for self-protection, not mainly. They're for keeping others safe when YOU are already sick. And we just assume you are, since you can't prove you're not. That's it. Hope that clears up the double-mask conundrum for you.

Regarding the N95 - yes - they will work as a preventive measure. They are not cheap. You cannot use them twice. You will be washing your hands before and after, and not ever touching the mask. It means you are wearing it before you leave your home, and not taking it off (or touching it) until you return. If you can manage that - and the budget - then it will be preventative. Otherwise - don't bother. Distance works much better.

Old 12-26-2020, 07:05 PM

179 posts, read 201,914 times
The kn95 will be fine. Most important, you need it to fit well. A loose n95 is no better than a surgical mask. Eye protection is important as well. With. Surgical mask and eye protection, you should be fine.

Old 12-26-2020, 08:04 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,940,353 times
Do you have a beard?

Old 12-29-2020, 06:46 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,748,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
This kind of implies that you are not understanding what the cloth masks are for. They are NOT for self-protection, not mainly. They're for keeping others safe when YOU are already sick. And we just assume you are, since you can't prove you're not. That's it. Hope that clears up the double-mask conundrum for you.
It's amazing how far into this we are and people still don't understand how masks work or how this thing spreads. Go to the CDC website. Read it.

Old 01-05-2021, 11:14 AM

332 posts, read 632,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
It's amazing how far into this we are and people still don't understand how masks work or how this thing spreads. Go to the CDC website. Read it.
So long story short...ditch the masks and stay home if you think you are sick.

Old 01-05-2021, 11:23 AM

3,080 posts, read 1,748,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanacus View Post
So long story short...ditch the masks and stay home if you think you are sick.
Agree. Problem is you just don't know if you are A-symptomatic. On top of that testing is a joke. I checked into it recently. It's either prohibitively expensive, or it takes too long to get results. By the time you do get results you might have actually gotten it from someone else! SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: