Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2022, 01:41 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,311,390 times

Advertisements

The prices on Patagonia jackets never change, they're too much in demand. I stalked the website for over a year before I bought one, and they never went down. I could have bought a used one, but didn't want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2022, 01:46 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
The prices on Patagonia jackets never change, they're too much in demand. I stalked the website for over a year before I bought one, and they never went down. I could have bought a used one, but didn't want to.
I had to google it, no idea what it was

Old 03-01-2022, 04:01 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Quote:
I just threw 2 away. The Retro FX or whatever its called for $199. The fleece quality was great but the tailoring was horrendous and the torso length was very short.

I would have been glad to have given them away for free....

Maybe we can have a thread on CD for people who want give stuff away ??? I seem to have nice clothes that don't fit or I can't use at times.

Start a thread.

Old 03-01-2022, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
I just threw 2 away. The Retro FX or whatever its called for $199. The fleece quality was great but the tailoring was horrendous and the torso length was very short.

I would have been glad to have given them away for free....

Maybe we can have a thread on CD for people who want give stuff away ??? I seem to have nice clothes that don't fit or I can't use at times.

Start a thread.
Just join your local Buy Nothing group, and someone will be happy to take them off your hands. Your other option is to donate them to an organization that will give them to someone that can use them.

I have a friend that has a ministry in Tijuana, and I pick up clothes and toys for her all the time for them.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:40 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
Quote:

I have a friend that has a ministry in Tijuana, and I pick up clothes and toys for her all the time for them.
Would love to give to homeless or Tijuana. The problem is getting people to pic stuff up. I usually just want it out of my hair right away.

I was giving things to my Mormon neighbor for her church but then I find out it helps the church more than it does the homeless so I just dump it in the trash now. Too bad EDCO doesn't have donate bins...I remember one outside Target but haven't seen it in awhile . I think even Goodwill won't accept anything now due to Covid.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:48 PM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Easy to stay solvent with their prices.
They have stuff that other stores don't have. One example is cross-country ski equipment. I just bought new boots in early January as my feet have grown bigger with age. I only got to use them twice, with one fleeting 5" snowfall.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:37 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'm surprised REI as a brick and mortar store still survives.
Really? We are in REI nearly once a week. Campers and hikers - very popular here, and usually quite busy on the weekends.

Old 03-01-2022, 06:39 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I just can't believe people keep buying from them. The only thing they've had I could not get from some other store was a buckle for a backpack. If I had more time I'd have just ordered off the net. Everything I've seen in the local store was 20-40% more expensive. They had the exact same battery lantern that big 5 was selling for $6 dollars for $15.
There is no where else here that carries what they do. And their own brand is very very good. I love the store. I don't want to order clothing or shoes online - I need to try things on, and I want to SEE them. That is why brick and mortar stores exist. For some things, online is fine. It does not work for everything.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Would love to give to homeless or Tijuana. The problem is getting people to pic stuff up. I usually just want it out of my hair right away.

I was giving things to my Mormon neighbor for her church but then I find out it helps the church more than it does the homeless so I just dump it in the trash now. Too bad EDCO doesn't have donate bins...I remember one outside Target but haven't seen it in awhile . I think even Goodwill won't accept anything now due to Covid.
If you just want it out of your hair right away, take it to a thrift store, and they are accepting donations now.

Old 03-01-2022, 09:36 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Really? We are in REI nearly once a week. Campers and hikers - very popular here, and usually quite busy on the weekends.
Our group, which is rather large, camps, hunts, off roads, hikes, fishes, etc. and stores like Big 5, Cabelas, Bass Pro blows REI out of the water for prices. I do realize it is nice for the convenience of having a store you can walk into here in San Diego but other stores (read more outdoor related, aka guns and stuff) have been driven out of California with the "policies".

But hey, if paying more for something is your gig, good on you. They aren't exactly a mom and pop shop. There are 139 active stores. They are a big box store just like most others. We hunt and travel all over so these other stores are easily within reach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego