Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 12:34 PM

6,363 posts, read 2,698,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I had my ears cleaned today. I'm on the 3-5 year ear clean cycle. My wife tells me when I'm ready.

My usual ear cleaner was no longer there. So I asked the MD what happened to XXX. So the MD admitted that XXX was let go because she wouldn't get Covids vaccinated. They have a policy that all employees had to be vaccinated.

I asked the MD why a well-paid ear cleaner would not get vaccinated? He answered honestly "We just don't know." And that was pretty much the end of the conversation.

My wife and I have a policy that all of our in-house vendors need to be vaccinated. We used to just ask our vendors if they were vaccinated. Now we ask them to prove it. We had another vendor who could not prove it last week so we fired her. She was a real nice girl with good skills. But she lied to us for about a year. We will find a replacement even if we need to pay more. Rules are rules.
So much for HIPAA. There was a time when a doctor talked about anyone's medical history(vaccination status included) to another individual without authorization they would have been in huge trouble with HSS for HIPAA violations, even if she wasn't a patient. As a doctor ethically he should have said nothing. There are zero reasons the doctor needed to disclose that to you. Today it is just part of casual conversation, and people see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

If you feel better about firing a perfectly good vendor because they won't get a vaccine that doesn't actually keep you from getting COVID, doesn't actually keep you from passing COVID along then of course that is your choice.

Do you plan on also requiring everyone have the booster?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2022, 01:46 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
All I know is someone with a track record like Fraudci's would have been shown the door a long time ago in the private sector. Plenty of other highly-qualified doctors that have a different opinion than Fraudci, and have actually been right throughout this process, so you continue to listen and believe the clown. I don't care.

Sorry, not a carpenter, but thanks for that. Wish I could do some woodwork, but admittedly almost failed it in the 8th grade.
All you know? Heh. How do you know what you declare? What private sector doesn’t respect Fauci? What “plenty of other highly-qualified doctors differ and have been right” about what?

As for who I “believe” and “listen to”? I haven’t said. But, since you impugn I have taken some ideological side, I’ll offer you this: I don’t “believe” anybody … “beliefs” aren’t facts … “beliefs” are trusts based in desires and fears, without proven bases.

But I do “listen” to quite a variety of expertise in relevant fields … I listen, and consider the percentages, the likelihoods, the up-sides and downsides risks/benefits based on best information at the time from multiple, verifiably quality sources … and I choose a personal path based on the apparent odds - and on social ethical responsibilities as I see them. Not worried about ‘muh freedums!’ a bit.

Not a carpenter? Probably not a medical professional either, eh? Whatever you do, not likely much of an analytical profession requiring objective information gathering and logical processing.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:44 AM

382 posts, read 179,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
All you know? Heh. How do you know what you declare? What private sector doesn’t respect Fauci? What “plenty of other highly-qualified doctors differ and have been right” about what?

As for who I “believe” and “listen to”? I haven’t said. But, since you impugn I have taken some ideological side, I’ll offer you this: I don’t “believe” anybody … “beliefs” aren’t facts … “beliefs” are trusts based in desires and fears, without proven bases.

But I do “listen” to quite a variety of expertise in relevant fields … I listen, and consider the percentages, the likelihoods, the up-sides and downsides risks/benefits based on best information at the time from multiple, verifiably quality sources … and I choose a personal path based on the apparent odds - and on social ethical responsibilities as I see them. Not worried about ‘muh freedums!’ a bit.

Not a carpenter? Probably not a medical professional either, eh? Whatever you do, not likely much of an analytical profession requiring objective information gathering and logical processing.
Not very difficult to figure out Fraudci has been wrong. He focused on vaccines with aids and ignored therapeutics. He's doing the same thing with Covid. There's no scientific evidence that proves masks work. He was actually correct when he first said this back in March 2020. I think the N95's may work a little, but the fact that my wife and 3 other teachers all caught covid about 10 days after the school district instituted the KN95 mask requirement seems to suggest they really don't work, especially against Omicron.

In fact, I tend to think if the virus gets in the mask, then masks could keep the virus in longer closer to your nose and mouth. But, hey what do I know since you just insulted me. Guess you have to feel better about yourself somehow.

I'll be just fine with my science undergrad and Finance MBA working in an analytical profession in the Dept of Treasury for 1 1/2 years and be like any little government employee. Also, did an internship at the NIH in 1986. Saw first hand, how little they worked. I don't belittle you because you dropped out of HS, because personally I don't believe education solely makes one intelligent, but it does teach people how to critically think at least in my day (56 years old) and your day too. Now, I see again how inefficient and incompetent the government is. So yeah, I have little respect for government employees after what I have thought all these years has been proven to me. 3 1/2 years to be vested, and I'm done.

Old 01-30-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conyca12829 View Post
the proof is in. watch the televised congressional hearing taking place very soon...oh thats right...the committee is "FAKE NEWS" . FOLLOW THE COMING FEDERAL INDICTMENTS...the DEPT OF JUSTICE IS "FAKE NEWS" AS WELL. take your self over to the POC forum and argue away.
You talking about Michael Sussman and that federal indictment? The one where he lied to the FBI in 2016.
Ok, like I said, I'll be waiting just as I have for 5 years about the Russian hoax, now that that's been debunked. I don't care if they actually find something on him as long as it's the truth. I'd rather have DeSantis, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley run in 2024 anyway. Maybe Tulsi Gabbard? Anyone but the demented clown and his VP in the WH. Jared Polis? I'm about as independent as one gets and even chose to not vote for Pres in 2000, 2004, and 2016. I'm sure you can say the same thing. Lmao.

Old 01-30-2022, 06:33 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Not very difficult to figure out Fraudci has been wrong. He focused on vaccines with aids and ignored therapeutics. He's doing the same thing with Covid. There's no scientific evidence that proves masks work. He was actually correct when he first said this back in March 2020. I think the N95's may work a little, but the fact that my wife and 3 other teachers all caught covid about 10 days after the school district instituted the KN95 mask requirement seems to suggest they really don't work, especially against Omicron.

I'll be just fine with my science undergrad and Finance MBA working in an analytical profession in the Dept of Treasury for 1 1/2 years and be like any little government employee. Also, did an internship at the NIH in 1986. Saw first hand, how little they worked. I don't belittle you because you dropped out of HS, because personally I don't believe education solely makes one intelligent, but it does teach people how to critically think at least in my day (56 years old) and your day too. Now, I see again how inefficient and incompetent the government is. So yeah, I have little respect for government employees after what I have thought all these years has been proven to me. 3 1/2 years to be vested, and I'm done.
I have friends (published scientists) that worked in Fauci's lab. Based on their experience's with Fauci, They don't think much of him.

Old 01-30-2022, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I have friends (published scientists) that worked in Fauci's lab. Based on their experience's with Fauci, They don't think much of him.
Well then! If your ‘friends’ don’t think much of him, why should anybody, eh?

Lol?

Cheese Louise, people …

Old 01-30-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:

In fact, I tend to think if the virus gets in the mask, then masks could keep the virus in longer closer to your nose and mouth. But, hey what do I know since you just insulted me. Guess you have to feel better about yourself somehow.

You know what’s most interesting about this reply? No, not your list of *qualifications* to make the comments you have (because nothing in your vague description of education and 36-years-past internship is tied into anything being discussed or asked) … nope. What’s most interesting is how you rambled on without actually answering the questions I asked:

1. How do you know what you say is true? You neither explain your bases, nor link to other sources for your positions

2. What “private sector doesn’t respect Fauci?” … a “sector” is an entire industry, or at least a substantial branch of industry. Who do you find dismissive of Fauci? The pharmaceutical industry? Hospital industries, or maybe The American Hospital Association? The California Hospital Association? Who?

3. What “qualified doctors” are dismissive of Fauci? Name some so readers can research who they are and what they have to say and promote in alternative.

Bub, you say you’ve “seen how inefficient and incompetent government is.” Good for you. People do have various experiences and opinions don’t they. Hell, I did a military career, speaking of seeing inefficiency and incompetence. But, all said, I know that a certain - substantial even - amount of inefficiency and errors is part and parcel of all government …. yet, we couldn’t function a day without it.

And don’t bother going back to your (libertarian?) *private sector* is better argument. The private sector and government are symbiotic … each necessary for the other’s existence … each diametrically opposed in function: one to serve public interest and the other to drive economics.

You haven’t done anything with your protests except parrot AM radio talking points … and you haven’t even linked the readers to which talk radio your protests are forwarding.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:57 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
He's a government hack, like many others. May be a doctor, but the government doesn't often hire the best and brightest.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
He's a government hack, like many others. May be a doctor, but the government doesn't often hire the best and brightest.
“May be” a doctor? … heh … excuse my humor.

While it’s true that government has a harder time attracting and retaining the ‘best and brightest’ in many fields, there are certainly many very excellent career professionals in public service. And to dismiss Fauci as “a government hack” indicates you probably haven’t surveyed his resume’ and accomplishments.

Above is not to say he’s been flawless in this pandemic … just to point out that cavalier dismissiveness in his regard is uninformed.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You know what’s most interesting about this reply? No, not your list of *qualifications* to make the comments you have (because nothing in your vague description of education and 36-years-past internship is tied into anything being discussed or asked) … nope. What’s most interesting is how you rambled on without actually answering the questions I asked:

1. How do you know what you say is true? You neither explain your bases, nor link to other sources for your positions

2. What “private sector doesn’t respect Fauci?” … a “sector” is an entire industry, or at least a substantial branch of industry. Who do you find dismissive of Fauci? The pharmaceutical industry? Hospital industries, or maybe The American Hospital Association? The California Hospital Association? Who?

3. What “qualified doctors” are dismissive of Fauci? Name some so readers can research who they are and what they have to say and promote in alternative.

Bub, you say you’ve “seen how inefficient and incompetent government is.” Good for you. People do have various experiences and opinions don’t they. Hell, I did a military career, speaking of seeing inefficiency and incompetence. But, all said, I know that a certain - substantial even - amount of inefficiency and errors is part and parcel of all government …. yet, we couldn’t function a day without it.

And don’t bother going back to your (libertarian?) *private sector* is better argument. The private sector and government are symbiotic … each necessary for the other’s existence … each diametrically opposed in function: one to serve public interest and the other to drive economics.

You haven’t done anything with your protests except parrot AM radio talking points … and you haven’t even linked the readers to which talk radio your protests are forwarding.
Don't need to reply to your idiotic questions. Plenty of credible doctors don't respect Fraudci. Look them up, don't you always say the internet is your friend. Plenty of articles outside of the points I made about the hack. He's been wrong on everything, and throw in natural immunity that he has been denying. Do your own research. Keep parroting all your left wing talking points even though you like to say you're not an idealogue, when it's clear as day you are. You like to deflect and say you have no opinion on anything, yet you troll the ones that disagree with your idiot Fraudci clown. Now, bye bye. Too much time wasted on you already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego