Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 11:46 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,818,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuhagiar View Post
Well...since we're all swapping war stories...

At the end of July 2021 we found our new-to-us house in rural southeast Escondido. It was on two acres, exactly what we wanted, and checked all the right boxes. It was a semi-distress sale; previous owner had died tragically and the heirs wanted to sell fast, so they marketed it on Monday for $1.1M and wanted it sold by Friday. We looked at it on Tuesday, made an all-cash offer of $1.325M (with a seven-day escrow) that afternoon, good until 5PM that day and contingent on inspections.

***Let's be clear that this was WAYYY out of our comfort zone! We are not wheeler-dealers or risk takers, but we knew what we were getting into; we really liked the place and figured with the market the way it was we had to fish or cut bait. I'm really proud of how well we dealt with an experience that was SO far out of the box for us. But I digress...

Long story short: buyer accepted, inspections turned up $25K worth of problems so they gave it to us for an even $1.3M. We expect to complete around $100K in upgrades by our move-in date.

Zillow and Redfin had the listing estimated at around $1.4M on the day escrow closed (August 4).

This morning Redfin shows it at a shade under $1.6M, and Zillow is not too far behind.
Bonus: San Diego County!

We're pleased with the outcome so far.
Off of "HVR?"

Looked at some property out that way, last Summer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2022, 07:43 AM

187 posts, read 131,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Off of "HVR?"
Looked at some property out that way, last Summer...
East Canyon area, halfway between Kit Carson Park and the Safari Park.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:23 AM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuhagiar View Post
East Canyon area, halfway between Kit Carson Park and the Safari Park.
I mountain bike near there at Daley Ranch quite often.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:38 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,561,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Easy there, buddy.

Most of us seasoned homeowners that lived through the 2008 crash understand the RE value cycle. I know I do.

I don't think the RE market will continue to skyrocket forever... it def will slow down at some point, and prices will plateau and probably even drop... maybe even 20%.

But it's a different world than it was in 2008, and for us homeowners in the coastal areas of SD, I think we're rather insulated from a drastic 50% drop in values.

I'm truly perplexed by your constant "sky is falling" ramblings posted here...
It’s not just here, but he posts in multiple forums about this. He owns no rentals, yet tells people what a losing proposition it is to do so.
He is also predicting economic collapse pretty much in economic forums and elsewhere.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:41 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,470,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
It’s not just here, but he posts in multiple forums about this. He owns no rentals, yet tells people what a losing proposition it is to do so.
He is also predicting economic collapse pretty much in economic forums and elsewhere.
Misery loves company.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:02 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times
Speaking of all-time highs, I was in Coronado yesterday and saw the gas prices at the Shell on the main drag. Yowza!

Old 03-07-2022, 11:55 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,739,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Speaking of all-time highs, I was in Coronado yesterday and saw the gas prices at the Shell on the main drag. Yowza!
Yeah if these prices get much higher I fear we WILL go into a recession...

Old 03-07-2022, 12:27 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times
Wonder when that breaking point will be.

Old 03-07-2022, 07:31 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Affluent people don't care if it goes to $100/gal. In fact, they may prefer it. It'll reduce the Riff-Raff on the roads.

But the "ham & eggers" might quell their travels a bit.

I filled everything I have last week, when it was $4.69. (2 cars, 3 motorcycles.) I knew I paid too much, then. Turns out, I may have "price protected" my self for 4-6 weeks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego