Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 02:05 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,450,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
FYI Old Thread I just did both Zoo and Legoland over the week. Did San Diego Sea World last trip

1 - Legoland/Zoo don't search. So regardless of the "rules" you are safe to go.
2 - Zoo allows food specifically (per FAQ on website) Legoland does not. If you like rules, there you go
3 - seaworld does search. Though small things can be allowed. Though seaworld says no snacks, they let me bring in fruit. Maybe a personal decision of the guard

Legoland knows full well that people bring food into the park (there was a question on why you didn't eat at the park in survey and one option was bring my own food).

Not so. My son and his GF had food taken from them last week at the Zoo. They checked her backpack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 02:10 PM

6,897 posts, read 8,948,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
FYI Old Thread I just did both Zoo and Legoland over the week. Did San Diego Sea World last trip

1 - Legoland/Zoo don't search. So regardless of the "rules" you are safe to go.
2 - Zoo allows food specifically (per FAQ on website) Legoland does not. If you like rules, there you go
3 - seaworld does search. Though small things can be allowed. Though seaworld says no snacks, they let me bring in fruit. Maybe a personal decision of the guard

Legoland knows full well that people bring food into the park (there was a question on why you didn't eat at the park in survey and one option was bring my own food).
I liked the survey guy when leaving - he would give you a complementary mini-lego-set for your time.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:28 PM

Food is not allowed, for the protection of the animals. People can't seem to resist in throwing things at the wildlife. The same reason why you find straws.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:45 PM

50,412 posts, read 47,155,129 times
I have a pair of binos that has screw off lens caps to hold rum and coke for the zoo I mean, Meerkats and a mixer, what more do you need.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I have a pair of binos that has screw off lens caps to hold rum and coke for the zoo I mean, Meerkats and a mixer, what more do you need.

I tried to Rep ya, but it says I have to spread the love around first

Old 05-20-2015, 05:15 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,937,133 times
You're 100% fine to bring food in the Zoo and Safari Park, just no alcohol or large coolers.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:52 PM

401 posts, read 445,032 times
Most people don't know there are parts of Balboa Park you can legally drink in. I've never done it (really) but there are. It has to be in non-glass containers, though.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 PM

50,412 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Dutchman View Post
Most people don't know there are parts of Balboa Park you can legally drink in. I've never done it (really) but there are. It has to be in non-glass containers, though.
There are actually about a dozen parks you still can.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:23 PM

401 posts, read 445,032 times
Shhhh....

Old 05-21-2015, 07:12 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,400,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Not so. My son and his GF had food taken from them last week at the Zoo. They checked her backpack.
Wow, I've never had that happen. years - lunch for two has been a couple of deli sandwiches and maybe something crunchy (like crackers or chips), piece of fruit, and a cookie. Packed in a insolated lunch sack so not as noticeable as a "cooler" and usually stashed underneath the stroller. Been a member for 10+ years - although we haven't been to the zoo in a little over a year so maybe they are cracking down on the rule or perhaps they don't pay as much attention to member since we go in a different gate.

In any case, the zoo is within Balboa Parka and there are lots of places to picnic right outside the zoo in Balboa Park (no need t move the car). Dining options are pretty limited inside Balboa - other than the Prado restaurant and that hamburger joint, all the other options are museum cafes. I think that the Art museums café is about the best of that lot - although still pricy and limited in selection. Daniels coffee cart - also good.

The Wild Animal Park has designated picnic grounds inside the park.

For drinks - I'd recommend buying the refillable plastic cups that they sell at the park. They are a little spendy - but refills are free for the day with the receipt and only 99 cents afterwards (without the receipt). We have been using ours for several years now (I put a sticker on my park id that says "don't forget your cup!) - you can use the same cups interchangeably at both parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: