Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:19 PM

601 posts, read 1,451,774 times

Advertisements

First go to this Wikipedia website:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego,_California

1) Is it an expensive city?

YES. Go figure: great weather almost year around and that comes at a price (use Hawaii as an example). Price of living is higher but also is the income. Unfortunately, housing is out of reach of most middle-income folks. That's why renting seems to be choice.

2) Climate? I know the weather is most of the time warm and sunny but I also hear that it can be cool and foggy and other things so any insight would be much appreciated.

-- Warm, sunny, breezy and dry most of the time. The winters are usually chilly nights, rain and cool days. If you live near the coast, you'll get a foggy marine layer (overcast haze) in the morning which usually burns off by midday that gives in to a beautiful blue sky. SD is a hilly town, during the rainy winters the whole place looks like Scotland or Italy.

3) Do alot of people in the SD area have long hair, smoke weed, and surf every day and are there alot of stuck up Californians?

-- Don't believe the hype my friend. San Diego is becoming a town of transplants. When driving around town, look at everyone's license plates. You'll notice everyone comes from all around the US to visit and eventually live here. Historically, SD is a military town and we get lots of folk from all over moving here. After their military careers end, most love SD so much they stay around to raise their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 03:26 PM

401 posts, read 2,605,130 times
Great! Thanks so much for everyones help and responses!

Old 03-11-2007, 12:07 AM

4 posts, read 8,911 times
want to add:
Utilities ARE expensive--even if you hardly use them!
Lots of crazies here, yes, but many are from elsewhere!
But--lots and lots of nice people!
Lots of team players here! (my husband, born and raised here, is a humble, surfing, skateboarding, football & basketball-playing daddy)

Old 03-11-2007, 02:47 PM

11 posts, read 37,238 times
Default WHat is expensive car insurance?

i have read that auto insurance is expensive. can anyone tell me what they pay per year? I live outside of detroit and we pay about 1800 a year for full coverage on a toyota celica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego