Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 06:07 PM

3 posts, read 11,547 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

We are a young couple (in our upper 20's) looking to buy a home in the Mira Mesa/Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Ranch area. I work in Sorrento Valley while my wife works near Fashion Valley. Considering commute times and the fact that we are not that much worried about school district (expect when we are trying to find a home buyer in case we decide to move 5-8 years down the line), we are quite comfortable living in or near Mira Mesa itself. The HOA and the increased commute time from RB, Scripps Ranch really turned us off. Has anyone lived or is currently living in the Casablanca community in mira Mesa (its a couple of blocks off the I-15 and Mira Mesa intersection) and right next to the San Diego Ice Arena. The community looks good (gated, reasonably well-maintained etc.) and within our budget as well. HOA fees are also low. I would appreciate any comments from past or current residents as well as other members on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 10:00 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
I've driven by it but never lived there.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:18 PM

3 posts, read 11,514 times
Hi SDNewbie1980,

Welcome to San Diego! I think you're going to love it.

I haven't lived there myself, but I have a client that used to live there and they were very happy with it. About the only thing I don't like about it is if you're sandwiched between the Ice Arena and the elementary school (on the North end).

I just checked and there are only two houses currently available in there and both of them are short sales.

That would turn me off. If you aren't familiar with just how difficult short sales are, they typically take anywhere from 3-6 months to close and I've heard statistics that say that only 9% of all short sales actually close escrow. I ran my own numbers and I came up with 21%, so either way, it's a pretty small percentage.

I've done several of them (they all closed), and regardless of how much I warned my clients of the difficulties, they were all pretty frazzled by the end.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:44 PM

4 posts, read 10,617 times
Don't know if it's too late to reply but i just moved in approximately two months ago and we are pretty satisfied with it so far. The best thing is that it's a gated community so you don't really need to worry about treapassing or burglary.
But this community is pretty family-oriented and there're kids running around and screaming in late afternoon/early evening, but it's ok to me.
Another problem i really don't like is the design of the driveway...the slope is so steep which is really bad for the bumper of your car

Old 08-26-2009, 08:51 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,367,255 times
My feeling about that section is nice newer housing, but right next to the 15, so you will hear it. I was at the park over there and you can easily hear it even though it's about 1/4 mile away. If that doesn't bother you, then that area is nicely close to the stores.

I would also look at NW Mira Mesa, then SW. NW is the newest and SW is fairly quiet and a little older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: