Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 10:21 PM

28 posts, read 67,418 times

Advertisements

hey guys, im new in town and its time i start checking out some bars. Since im going solo where do you recommend? I'm 25 and single and would love to meet SD girls as well.

Any thoughts? I would appreciate it if you could please list the name of the bar, the area and what makes them so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 10:46 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,273,184 times
San Diego Restaurants, Dentists, Bars, Beauty Salons, Doctors

Old 06-19-2011, 06:38 PM

490 posts, read 1,555,617 times
pick up a copy of citybeat magazine, chat up young people on yelpsandiego

Old 06-19-2011, 08:46 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,989,489 times
yogis..lot's of bros and bro hos there.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:49 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Just walk down Garnet.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:44 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman26 View Post
hey guys, im new in town and its time i start checking out some bars. Since im going solo where do you recommend? I'm 25 and single and would love to meet SD girls as well.

Any thoughts? I would appreciate it if you could please list the name of the bar, the area and what makes them so good.
Get involved in a rec sports league. It's an instant way to meet girls and to hang at bars. Even if you aren't athletic/competative, they have sports like kickball to get involved in. So many midwesterners/northeasterners come out here knowing nobody . . . it's the best way to make instant contacts.

Personally, I like Bub's . . . it's a bar, not a club, but you get a lot of good looking women in your age bracket there. I haven't been to the one downtown yet, but the one in Pacific Beach is a good time. It's a no stress place . . . good for flying solo.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:49 PM

8 posts, read 13,919 times
Stingaree and any other bars in the Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego are tons of fun and have a great singles scene - especially during baseball season since it's all right near the stadium. You can take the Coaster train down there so you don't have to drive so it's a pretty good set up!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:40 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,237,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Personally, I like Bub's . . . it's a bar, not a club, but you get a lot of good looking women in your age bracket there. I haven't been to the one downtown yet, but the one in Pacific Beach is a good time. It's a no stress place . . . good for flying solo.
Bub's is a decent bar. kind of divey but that is a plus in my book. good old fashioned peanut shells on the floor, crappy beer flowing, heavy drinking.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
Bub's is a decent bar. kind of divey but that is a plus in my book. good old fashioned peanut shells on the floor, crappy beer flowing, heavy drinking.
Absolutely. I can see where people wouldn't like it . . . if you're looking for dance beats and girls in cocktail dresses, keep walking. It's divey (hell, it's part of the name: Bub's Dive Bar). HOWEVER, you can get a lot more divey in PB/MB: Silver Fox, Night Owl, Tiki, Beachcomber, Open Bar (don't let the amount of light streaming through fool you - - that place is ultimate beach dive!), and the Pennant, come to mind. Not that I even really mind them - - going to the top of Pennant with dogs walking around, practically every bar stool looking different from the next, etc is a day that should be experienced. But the rest of those places make Bub's look like it should be a black-tie affair!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego