Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 04:30 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,927,572 times

Advertisements

I tried searching to forum for this, but I didn't come up with anything applicable, unfortunately.

Anyhow, my husband and I are flying out of San Diego Int'l next week, and we're trying to figure out what to do with our car. It looks like on-site parking in the short-term lot is as high as $26/day but that there's off-site parking through SAN Park that is $10/day. Apparently you take a bus over to the actual terminal.

I suppose there's also the option of taking a cab to the airport itself. However, as bad as this sounds, we really don't like taking cabs. We don't mind paying a little extra to park there, if it's a good experience.

We're going to be gone for 10 days total, if that matters.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthatcher7 View Post
The $10 off site lot is probably your best bet. Make sure you tip the driver, though.
Better yet, find a friend or friends to drop you off and pick you up.
Alright, cool. It looks like the lot is on Pacific Highway, close to the airport.

Yeah, we'd normally have friends/family pick and drop of us off...but we sort of don't really know anyone well enough here to do that.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:03 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
You can take a shuttle bus to the airport, and they'll pick you up at home. Cloud 9 is one of them. You can check out their rates online.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:58 PM

52 posts, read 208,827 times
I use the Aladdin parking structure right off Kettner. It's a little more but it's inside and you can make a reservation on-line.

:: Aladdin Airport Parking, San Diego's Premiere Airport Parking & Cruise Parking

Old 10-30-2009, 09:33 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,367,255 times
This is the closest one to the airport that I've used at $10/day using the coupon.
Five Star Parking - San Diego

The SAN airport parking just before the terminals is like $12 or $13 a day. Their large lot, which I think is the one on Pacific is a bit of a pain. It's a large lot that is further away.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:33 PM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,411,937 times
Yeah....just like Moved stated, there are Shuttles that are very reasonable to use that will pick you up at your door and when you fly back in take you back home for a very reasonable price (alot cheaper than a Cab). My wife and I used them several times when we lived in Eastlake Chula Vista and with two kids it was great service not having to worry about parking for our car or the high cost of parking. I can't remember the name ,but call the airport and they will be able to quickly tell you. Good luck!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 PM

Thank you guys so much for all the info! I appreciate it!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:25 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,991,989 times
Make sure you allow plenty of time to park at SAN Park and wait for the shuttle to pick you up from where you parked your car in the lot and take you to your airline. They will also be picking up other people and dropping them off at their airlines so that can add on a lot of time. We have nearly missed a flight before because we didn't factor in enough time for the shuttle. Add at least 30 minutes, but more to be safe- esp. if you need extra time to clear customs. San Diego Intl has been esp. busy these days.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:36 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
SAN park is horrific. We used them once and never will again.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
SAN park is horrific. We used them once and never will again.
Oh, really??

I looked at the reviews on it on Yelp (the Pacific Highway one, apparently it there's multiple locations) and they all seemed to be positive.

Do you mind elaborating on your bad experience with them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego