Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Danville is pretty white. In fact, it was historically "known" when I was growing up, as where all the rich white people lived. Not to say that there'd be any issues with race or anything like that. And it's not to say that a lot of other areas in the region aren't also associated for being white and wealthy (we could say the same for Atherton, Woodside, Los Altos, Ross, Piedmont, Tiburon, etc, etc. It's still a very nice place overall.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
I'd pick San Ramon for a bit more diversity and a lot more commercial stuff (whole foods, target, etc). But these are neighboring towns so they aren't wildy different. Both are nice bay area suburbs.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:36 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well I'm Mexican and Filipino
What does that have to do with anything? Danville is pretty diverse. Just because you're part of a minority that isn't well represented in a high class area like Danville doesn't mean it's not diverse.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragga View Post
Hi! My family is moving from Chicago and we are considering San Ramon and Danville. I have heard many negative things about Danville like lack of diversity and kids being sheltered. I have a 2 1/2 year old and wanted any thoughts out there. We are Indian and look for a diverse community or at least one where people are open to it. Thank you in advance.
How is this any different from any other rich, majority white suburb?

Im not sure what makes Danville so different that their kids would be especially sheltered and Danvile is especially white?

That verdict can be handed down to most upscale suburban areas in this country.

OTOH, The massive Windemere development that has seen thousands of new homes built next to Danville in San Ramon is very diverse. I have several relatives(we're not white) who live out there now and when I visit more minorities than whites. Its affluent and diverse.

The schools have great scores too.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:41 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
At least in the context of the Bay Area, I would not call Danville particularly diverse, if that is what you're looking for. It is a pretty nice (and expensive) community with good schools, if that's what you're looking for.

IMO if you want more diversity, try Fremont - they have residents from over 50 countries speaking as many or more languages. I think there's a cinema complex that shows Bollywood films near the Washington Hospital and BART station. And they have some really good schools there, too.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
What does that have to do with anything? Danville is pretty diverse. Just because you're part of a minority that isn't well represented in a high class area like Danville doesn't mean it's not diverse.
Are you that dense or just playing dumb? I explained why I mentioned that right afterwards. Just because you know a minority in Danville or whatever majority white town doesn't make it diverse.

You are so pathetic and hard up for attention so you pull out a little part of my sentence and then take it out of context to say some other completely irrlevant, dumb sh*t out of left field. Danville IS NOT diverse, you're the only fool that thinks that b/c you have actually never even been to Danville and know very little about the Bay Area. You've proved that time and time again. You got caught making a false statement about the area, are too stubborn and pathetic to admit it, and now the more you say the more you look like an idiot on this subject.

Top Forums:
San Francisco: 948
Orange County: 196

You've really been consistent with the trolling lately, never get tired of attracting negative attention I see.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,010 times
Just because there aren't any Filipinos or Mexicans doesn't mean a city isn't diverse. You're just being racist.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,161,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragga View Post
Hi! My family is moving from Chicago and we are considering San Ramon and Danville. I have heard many negative things about Danville like lack of diversity and kids being sheltered. I have a 2 1/2 year old and wanted any thoughts out there. We are Indian and look for a diverse community or at least one where people are open to it. Thank you in advance.

Im from Chicago, think of Danville the same way you would barrington. Much newer suburb, on the outer endge of the metro area, very affluent and mostly white.

If you want to look into something more Indian (as in from india I presume?) I would look at Fremont. Dublin would be more of a middle inbetween Fremont life and Danville life, so check out that place too.

Over all, upper middle class suburbs in california tend to be a bit more diverse than upper middle class suburbs in chicago

Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Just because there aren't any Filipinos or Mexicans doesn't mean a city isn't diverse. You're just being racist.
In the context of most cities in the Bay Area, Danville is not particularly diverse.

Give it a rest, will you? Can't stand being shown that your answers are off base, and you have to reply with a churlish comment.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:43 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Just because there aren't any Filipinos or Mexicans doesn't mean a city isn't diverse.
Except there are Mexicans considering it's nearly 6% hispanic. So in case you ever serve food in Danville that is 6% of the population you can intentionally give smaller portions to since you are pretty much an admitted racist. Danville isn't diverse because it's nearly 80% white genius.
Quote:
You're just being racist.
And you're just being a troll trying to stir the pot again and pulling crap out of left field.

It just amazes me that this is the sort of attention that some people actually get
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland