Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:07 PM

1,173 posts, read 2,264,528 times

Advertisements

I love the Hyatt Brand -- would the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf be a good choice for my husband and I?

Thanks,

Alley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 11:49 AM

3,722 posts, read 14,725,748 times
Fisherman's Wharf Hyatt San Francisco Review and Discount Reservations

There is also the Hyatt Regency downtown near the Ferry Building on California St. The cable car stops outside the hotel and a short walk to BART and Muni light rail. Lots of shopping nearby at the Embarcader Center. Downtown San Francisco Hotels- Hyatt Regency San Francisco- CA Hotel

Old 09-03-2010, 12:10 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,453,251 times
Go for the Hyatt at the Embarcadero. Fisherman's Wharf will confine you to the tourist ghetto. I've stayed at the Embarcadero and as a former resident, for visiting I'm not really fond of that end of town either. But it has a nice atrium, you're at least right on BART and Muni and can get around with way more convenience, and can still stroll down to get to North Beach or Chinatown as from Fisherman's Wharf.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,844,534 times
I've stayed several times at the Hyatt Embarcadero, and it is nice. However, it's in the financial district and the area is relatively dead at night in comparison to say, Union Square.

As noted, the Embarcadero BART stop is awesomely convenient to this hotel. I took it all the way from SFO, last time.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:23 PM

675 posts, read 1,190,563 times
Yeah, very convenient to everything (Hyatt Embarcadero). Cable car that goes up California Street is right outside, as well as the BART. You can take the Cable Car up California, and transfer to the Cable car going to Fisherman's Wharf, it's actually a beautiful ride, some nice scenery on the ride, great views of Alcatraz and Lombard Street too. Also a short walk to the Ferry Building, where they have some good shops and food, or you can take a Ferry to Sausalito, a beautiful place to visit. The Embarcadero has some great shops as well, used to shop there all the time when I lived there.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:05 PM

3,245 posts, read 6,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
I love the Hyatt Brand -- would the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf be a good choice for my husband and I?

Thanks,

Alley
The Fisherman's Wharf Hyatt is a great choice. From there you can easily walk up Columbus street to North Beach and Chinatown. You will have a short walk to fabulous restaurants like Gary Danko and also can walk along the waterfront all the way to Crissy Fields.

I would avoid the Embarcadero Hyatt unless you have business in the financial district. It is dead at night and even though it looks close to Chinatown on the map the walk is up a huge hill.

The Hyatt on Stockton near Union Square is also an ideal location with lots of activity and close to Union Square shopping.

If I have a rental car the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf would be my choice since this area is easy for a tourist to navigate in compared to Union Square,if I was not planning to rent a car I would go with the Hyatt at 345 Stockton.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:27 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,463,657 times
I would highly recommend the Hyatt at Fisherman's Warf, it's the hub for tourists, everything you need will be easy to get to from there, since you will probably be going on bay cruises and other tours.

also a nice place for an evening stroll, more to look at close by, no use to be in the financial district if your there for a vacation.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:45 PM

8 posts, read 28,690 times
As mentioned, the BART access from the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf is handy and there is cable car access too. Walk down Taylor to Beach st. and hang a left, you can visit the maritime National Park. If shopping is your thing, Northpoint Centre is also very close (Bay, between Mason and Stockton).

If you're "foodies" you can try Mama's, it's just off Columbus ave (*the home made jam is beyond words!) or there are some great san francisco tours that offer food and sight seeing - I prefer these since the walking helps me to not feel guilty as I sample all the food

Old 09-28-2010, 05:55 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
BART is pretty far from Fisherman's Wharf. A short cab ride, but it would be a very long walk.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:43 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,844,534 times
Just to clarify - when I mentioned proximity to BART, I was referring to the Hyatt Embarcadero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland