Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2008, 10:45 AM

38 posts, read 151,000 times

Advertisements

We are a family of four thinking of getting one of their dorm rooms for the four of us for $110 a night. I've been told staying in the city at a hotel is extremely noisy, but this hostel is on a national park, and so I would assume it's more quiet.

Anyone know about this place? And whether it would be good to stay there?

Thanks,
Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 10:57 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,159,353 times
why don't you use the thread you already had which is still on the first page..

Old 07-19-2008, 12:18 PM

I had a specific question about this location. That's why I posted a new thread.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:28 PM

110 posts, read 377,046 times
This hostel is not too bad. It's in Fort Mason which is a great location. They hook you up with parking so that's extra brownie points there. There is a very large kitchen. There is free WiFi, but the router sucks and most rooms get poor reception. It's generally clean. Finally, the staff is very nice and helpful.

With that out of the way let me say this is not a youth hostel. This hostel is open to everyone.
------------
So if you are like me and expect hostels to generally be fun places with like minded travelers looking to party, this place is not for you. There are a lots of families that stay here with their kids and expect people to be well behaved because there are families here. As well there are a lot of old people that stay here. These are the worst... they swear they are staying at a 3 star hotel and expect people to be quite at 10pm. **** you, stay in a hotel like anyone else that expects privacy.

There was this old guy that stayed here in my visit, he was the worst. I was in the common room getting some work done. At 2am a couple drunk girls come in and take a seat in a couch and begin to talk about their night. After about 5 minutes this old fart comes out of the 24 person room. He yells at them that he's trying to sleep and they woke him up. WTF? You're staying in a 24 person room where people are constantly coming in and out yet he expects everyone to cater to his needs?

Anyway, this is a nice hostel, but it's quite boring and frequented by a bunch of families and old ****s who want to visit SF and are on a super tight budget.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:50 PM

Thanks, Palmer. Very helpful info. It sounds great for us. Our only problem was we waited too long, and we can't find a 4 person dorm (or private room) for all of us. They recommended the Downtown hostel, but they were also booked up. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, eh? We did find The Motel Capri one block off Lombard Street for a hair more than the hostel would have cost us - so I guess we ended up okay, assuming we'll end up happy with it.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:57 PM

Motel Capri Motel Capri - San Francisco

Howard Johnson Express Inn - San Bruno
650-588-0800

San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel - San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf Hostel - Features

Old 07-19-2008, 03:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
its safe but its a last ditch choice for me. i have stayed for only 50 bucks in a real live nice hotel private room in s. san francisco much much better. look on expedia.com

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 07-19-2008 at 04:10 PM..

Old 07-20-2008, 12:53 PM

153 posts, read 567,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary.Ray View Post
We are a family of four thinking of getting one of their dorm rooms for the four of us for $110 a night. I've been told staying in the city at a hotel is extremely noisy, but this hostel is on a national park, and so I would assume it's more quiet.

Anyone know about this place? And whether it would be good to stay there?

Thanks,
Mary
Yeh, it is an ok place. I stayed there before. It is quieter than the ones in the center of town. No real complaints except the showers were a little messy but I think that is because of the guests who were there that particular time.

It is in a nice location if you want to be next to the bay and have a little more peace and quiet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland