Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 02:06 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,255,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The densest middle class areas in town: around the Lake, Uptown, Adams Point, "HarriOak," and Piedmont Ave are solidly middle class (and a bit above) and extremely diverse.

Lots of middle class families have moved out of town in the past 30-40 years, but there are still middle class strongholds in town that are extremely diverse.
I don't consider areas where 60% of the neighborhood (aka Piedmont ave) are renters. I know you haven't taken any college level classes on Urban and City planning, but should know affordable housing is an indication of a strong middle class.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:08 PM

312 posts, read 502,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I don't consider areas where 60% of the neighborhood (aka Piedmont ave) are renters. I know you haven't taken any college level classes on Urban and City planning, but should know affordable housing is an indication of a strong middle class.
Most of San Francisco residents are renters too. Please go get a life.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:09 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,677,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
Before you try to be Mr. PC Moderate go re-read what I said instead of being a reactionary. There is a difference between not liking them and calling them racists. Plenty of people call them racists which they are not. I'm not left wing either so try again.
Ok fair enough, I don't like them and think Jackson and especially Sharpton can be incredibly biased and prejudiced but not necessarily racist and as bad as some make them out to be. I have no opinion of Malcom X, don't know enough. Just saying it seems like you throw the race card out easily, although it does have merit at times.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Most of San Francisco residents are renters too. Please go get a life.
No one is making a claim that S.F is middle class friendly.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Ok fair enough, I don't like them and think Jackson and especially Sharpton can be incredibly biased and prejudiced but not necessarily racist and as bad as some make them out to be. I have no opinion of Malcom X, don't know enough. Just saying it seems like you throw the race card out easily, although it does have merit at times.
Race Card? There is no such thing as a race card. Black people or any body who feels descrimated against has every right to feel the way they do if treated unfairly. Race card is a made up term by those who want to disregard any racism as complaining. If a person feels wronged who are you or anybody else to pass judgment and use that made up race card excuse. There is no race card, this is America and there is still racism. Plenty of it.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:20 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,588 times
Quote:
i agree with The Land. around 65% of san francisco population are renters you appear to ignore that housing prices are very high throughout the inner core bay area and that the same problems with affordable housing apply more to SF than oakland.
i would argue oakland is more middle class friendly than san francisco especially if you want to live in an urban divirse environment.the price point that would get you a home next to projects in SF will get you a home in a safe area of the oakland hills or foothills

Old 11-24-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
No one is making a claim that S.F is middle class friendly.
You have no claim other than to find anyway to dig for arguments and trash Oakland, acting like Oakland is the ONLY city in the bay area ignoring San Francisco's problems and only posting in Oakland related threads. I'm still trying to figure out who you are and why you are not banned yet for trolling. You are hated on every forum on CD. Your a worthless poster.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
i agree with The Land.
Good for you. You two are the only people in this thread trying to say S.F is not middle class friendly in a discussion about Oakland. No one disagrees with that viewpoint. Hopefully you two can private message each other and giggle about how much knowledge you imparted.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
You have no claim other than to find anyway to dig for arguments and trash Oakland, acting like Oakland is the ONLY city in the bay area ignoring San Francisco's problems and only posting in Oakland related threads. I'm still trying to figure out who you are and why you are not banned yet for trolling. You are hated on every forum on CD. Your a worthless poster.
I don't get it. Why are you so hard up on S.F? That's a city I've never defended as being friendly to the middle class (in fact it's very unfriendly). But S.F is a world class city known all over the world. It's the cultural and economic center of Northern California, of course it's expensive.

Oakland is nothing of the sort. I think comparing the two is silly, but you can continue to do so. That won't change the fact that Oakland is economically and racially segregated, and not very middle class friendly.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I don't get it. Why are you so hard up on S.F? That's a city I've never defended as being friendly to the middle class (in fact it's very unfriendly). But S.F is a world class city known all over the world. It's the cultural and economic center of Northern California, of course it's expensive.

Oakland is nothing of the sort. I think comparing the two is silly, but you can continue to do so. That won't change the fact that Oakland is economically and racially segregated, and not very middle class friendly.
Hard up on San Francisco hardly, the point is you ignore the negatives of San Francisco and ALL other bay area cities to trash ONE place. No matter what you'll never troll a San Francisco thread about the cost of living or the crime or anything of the sort, ONLY Oakland. By the way San Francisco is more racially segregated than just about any city in the Bay Area. Then again you're the moron that feels the need to focus 100% negative energy even on the positives of Oakland in order to get off on your trolling. I'm not even sure why I keep giving you the attention you crave for so much. You're a nut case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland