Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM

114 posts, read 121,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Go9ers, my facts were based off of the 2009 census report. The whites out number blacks in this country. So what is your point?

Didnt mean to come off as picky and I may not have my facts right, but if your gonna say America is over 80 percent white and over 10 percent black, what about asians and latinos? God Bless America

Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
Senmaze, so if you read all posts before posting why are my comments an issue? Maybe you misunderstood something? There is no delusional. If you want to discuss things you don't cast stones. Blacks leaving the bay area has nothing to do with them being black. Nothing. That is why I said there should be a separate thread to discuss race. If you believe the bay area to be more racial than NY, well I'd have to disagree with you 100%. If you also are saying that I and or others want to say that racism doesn't happen here well again, I would have to disagree with you.

NY has a stronger black community than the bay. But it is racist as can be.

If you have an issue with Curmudgeon and other's statements I understand. Some people think that way. Rome wasn't built in a day. Doesn't mean that they are racist either. Just means they have a differing point of view from either what they believe, what they want to believe, or what they experience (could also mean some people just don't have a clue).

Don't get the feeling that you are screaming racism or discrimination, you are basing things either off of experience and or feelings. Nothing wrong with that. What do you want me to do? I don't like discussing race I love it. But making an issue out of people relocating for economic reasons racial I don't agree. If people are moving for racial issues let's discuss. Do you think people are moving for racial reasons? What percent of the people relocating do you think are doing so for racial issues?

Go9ers, yes I agree with you. Might have gotten something wrong with percentages. Will repost later.

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 06-13-2011 at 10:01 AM..

Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,069,183 times
Go9ers, racial brake down below.

They say there are 72.4% whites, 12.6% blacks in this country. Looks like hispanics were included in the white count. Everyone else makes up the rest (Asians are just under 5%).

Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Old 06-13-2011, 12:30 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
White also includes Middle Eastern and North African people as well: Iranians, Iraqis, Armenians, Saudis, Moroccans...

Old 06-13-2011, 12:58 PM

114 posts, read 121,830 times
^good point and I have been hearin that in my lifetime white-americans (of the honky to blueblood variation) are not going to the be the majority. So I guess that means we put Moderator cut: language at about 55-62%? Im white so dont get too riled up

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-13-2011 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language

Old 06-13-2011, 01:03 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...m-seattle.html

Sorry monty. Had to post it as this is a thread I participate in
LOL.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:06 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
White also includes Middle Eastern and North African people as well: Iranians, Iraqis, Armenians, Saudis, Moroccans...
Moroccans are white??? Since when? Saudis's white? Really?

I don't think so.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:09 PM

186 posts, read 475,252 times
what is this thread even about anymore? I'm assuming it had derailed...

Old 06-13-2011, 02:01 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Moroccans are white??? Since when? Saudis's white? Really?

I don't think so.
They're considered Caucasian. The word aryan is frequently used when talking about whites (at least within white supremacy). Indo aryans are middle-eastern, somewhere near Iraq. The language Iranians speak, Farsi, is an indo-european, not Semitic language although it uses the arabic alphabet.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:31 PM

11 posts, read 19,307 times
Again. You disagree. I've made my post to state my opinion. Others have & will continue to do so. If it's racial or not they will give their reasons.

Who is casting stones? Did I throw at stone at you. Not even a pebble. I just thought that you said something that rang true. That there's a perception that SF is more liberal thus racism may come off as a shock. I did put your quote up before I posted. So I think you know to what I was referring. I wasn't throwing stones at you. I suppose the thread should have ended when you made your usual statement that racism isn't a factor. Again and again. 100%.

I don't have an issue with Curmudgeon or anyone else. I don't know if he's a racist. Do you know if he's a racist? Are trying to start something? Are you stuck in the middle? Is the pain thunder? Your response to my post is ridiculous. It seems like you're being a bit sensitive. We disagree.

You feel that blacks aren't moving because of racism. Fine. Okay is there anything else you want to add? Can I ask you to elaborate on why people should stop posting? Especially after you worked so hard on giving the thread closure. Your closure. Let it end the way it ends.

Bayarea girl
What do you want me to do? I don't like discussing race I love it. But making an issue out of people relocating for economic reasons racial I don't agree.

What do I want you to do?:
Nothing. Can I post my opinion without it having to do with you. When did I ask you for anything.
I'm not even asking you to change your mind. Again we disagree so I can't ask you to do anything.

Bayarea girl:
If people are moving for racial issues let's discuss. Do you think people are moving for racial reasons? What percent of the people relocating do you think are doing so for racial issues?

I'm glad you are starting to come around but I've stated my opinion already. I really am not the type of guy who likes to repeat himself. And again statistics. Is city data a forum for statisticians? If you are so interested in discussing you can either continue to post here or start a new thread. I'm kind of interested under what parameters is racism allowed to be discussed in this thread of yours. Maybe we can exclude city, race and names in the conversation. And always have numbers to back it up.

Marklar: "You see, young marklar. Those marklars don't care about marklar marklar. They just want to take your marklar and marklar their own marklar. The only marklar for this is to marklar."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland